Chapter 1

Chapter One

Loud noises came from outside. It must be the new people moving in across the street. You get out of bed to see. Yeah it was.  How early do people want to move into a house? Its 7am! Why do people want to move in this part of the neighbourhood anyway.. Nothing interesting happens.. EVER. You walk to your bed and fix the covers. You might as well get up now because you are not going to sleep with that noise. Someone knocks on the door. Your mum opens the door and pops her head around.

Mum: Ahh you are awake. Why are you up so early?

You: Haven't you heard the new people?

Mum: That's what I came up to tell you, that they moving in.

You: Well, I've heard them so you don't need to tell me..

Mum: Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning..

You sit down at the end of your bed with your arms crossed.

Mum: Just get ready for school.

Your mum leaves the room and you begin to get ready for school. School.. The place where dreams go to die. The place where your social life is judge more than your grades. And the place where they teach you to be unique but you all get treated the same. You hated school, even more than getting woken up early in the morning. Despite that, you get ready for school. You walk downstairs to the kitchen where your mum, dad and little baby brother Andrew are sitting around the table eating breakfast.

Dad: You're late you wont have time to make breakfast, you'll miss the bus! and I'm not driving you to school again.

You didn't think you where that late. But you did take longer in the shower then usually because it was too cold to come out. Maybe that's why..

You: I thought one of you two would make me breakfast, like what you usually do when you know I'm running late.

Mum: Sorry Hun, cant you grab something in school to eat.

You: Yeah, if you want cardboard toast or sloppy porridge.

Dad: If you're hungry you'll eat it.

You: Id rather not.

 You grab a apple from the middle of the table and walk out the kitchen. You pick up you're school bag and folders from by the front door.

You: Bye..

No one answers. They are most probably concentrating all there attention on Andrew like usual. You close the door and walk to the bus stop to get the school bus. No one was stood there. Either you're early or you've missed it again.. You look down to your phone and you see that one of your friends has texted you.

Friends Text: You've missed the bus, I tried to make the driver wait a little longer but he wasn't having any of it! I think Amy missed the bus too, she didn't come on when they stopped.

As soon as you put your phone in your pocket your friend Amy pulls up with her mum.

Amy: Did you miss the bus too?

You nod your head.

Amy's Mum: Jump in honey, I'll drive you.

You: Thank you.

You get in the car and Amy's mum drives you to school. On the way you and Amy discuss your weekend. You tell her about the new family across the road waking you up this morning by them moving in.

Amy: Have you seen them yet?

You: No, Why?

Amy: Just wondering. I wanted to know if there was one similar to our age..