eighteen (final)

I woke up from my fifth contraction so far. I felt like I was dying from it even with it just being a small one. That feeling alone threw me right into my third breakdown this week, though. These hormones were unbearable, I swear.

Vic, who had been lying next to me, was holding me and rocking me back and forth, trying to calm me down so I didn't freak out, but it just hurt so bad sometimes and I wanted these kids to be out of me already. At least he was calming. I felt safe with Vic.

"Hey, hey it's fine. You're fine because I'm right here." Vic cooed as he kissed the top of my head and held me. I cried into him as we moved together. I just felt so awful to disrupt his sleep again. I wanted to leave.

"Nope, stay right here," Vic said as he held me tighter when I tried to get up to leave. I chuckled a little in-between sniffles at his protective manner.

"I feel bad for waking you up." Vic shook his head.

"Don't. You're more important. You and these babies." He pointed to my stomach and kissed me soothingly. "You feeling alright? Did it pass?" I nodded.

"Thank you,"

"It's my job," He smiled. "And I'm very happy to do it," Vic said as he laid me back down into him and held me. We laid there for a while. I knew Vic was asleep while I was just left with my thoughts so I turned to look at him. He looked so peaceful and handsome. He was so adorable and I loved every minute of it. I loved when he protected me and kissed me. When I woke up with him and spent time with him. I loved him.

---

I woke up to the smell of sausage and eggs. Vic wasn't in bed so I knew he was making it, but I also heard Gabe's voice in the kitchen. I groggily got up and, slowly, made my way into the kitchen to sit down and eat.

"Good morning, K," Gabe said as he hugged me tightly.

"Morning," I said. Vic came over and kissed me before standing across from Gabe and I.

"Kellin," Gabe said, looking at me. He looked pissed.

"What? What's wrong?"

"Why didn't you tell me you were having contractions already? You know I want to know that stuff. I mean, I'm glad Vic is there for you, I love you both, but I need to know these things if I'm going to be these kids' godparent-"

"Alright, okay. I'm sorry I didn't tell you, but Dr. Martin said that this is kind of normal. If they're less than seven minutes apart, I have to go but for right now I am fine. The both of you, I am fine." I chuckled and sighed. I looked at Vic and he looked away, sipping his coffee. They annoyed me sometimes with all their caring, although I still loved them.

"Well, we have the picnic today." I changed topics. "Gabe, mom said she needs you so go." I shooed him away. He mumbled under his breath before hugging me and Vic then leaving.

"I'm sorry babe," Vic said, but I hushed him.

"Don't, I'm too whipped from this damn pregnancy,"

"I know and I'm still skeptical about letting you go today. I just don't want anything to happen,"

"It'll be fine. If it's not, you can name the kids," I joked. Vic helped me up and brought me to the room to get dressed. He was a sweetheart, I was just being bitchy because of all the hecking pain. Twins were worse than one baby alone, I swear.

It was about 2 when we were on our way but contractions were keeping me from being comfortable in this cramped fucking car. Vic was driving as slow as he possibly could and worry was placed all over his face.

"Less than 7 minutes and I'm bringing you to the hospital," Vic warned as he did every five minutes. I nodded but we kept going. When we got there, the walking around helped a bit, but I still had to sit down after a while.

Vic met up with my mom and told her what was going on and she wanted me to go to the hospital, but I refused.

"Let's go, I want distractions," I said with a huff as Vic brought me a plate of food. His mom came over to me with a drink and sat down.

"You're annoyed, aren't you?" She said. I groaned and rested my head on her shoulder. She didn't know the half of it.

"People won't let me listen to my body. I know what I can and can't make it through." I let out. She chuckled and rubbed my arm as I watched Vic. He was talking with my mom and Gabe.

"When I was pregnant, Vic's father suggested it every two minutes. I had enough of it. 'Viv, we have to go. Vivian, let's go.' It made me so upset." She sighed.

"What did you do?"

"I went for a walk. I just left and went for a walk, but you know what happened? I'll tell you, my water broke the minute I got to the last step of the front porch." She laughed. I smiled and chuckled but then something popped into my mind.

"What happened to Vic's dad?"

"He died a while ago from cancer," She said.

"I'm sorry." Vivian shrugged as she massaged my hand.

"He was a good man. Vic is just like him, too. I'm just glad he found you,"

"Me too." I smiled as I noticed Vic come over to me. My mom, Gabe and Mike all followed suit as Vic smiled down at me. He bent down to get eye level with me.

"What is it?" I asked as he took hold of my hands. Vivian got up and stood next to my mom and everyone else as Vic was still in front of me.

"Kellin, you are the man I love. You're the one I would go to the ends of the Earth to protect and even further if it meant that you were safe. I love you, Kellin, and I want to keep loving you,"

"Vic..."

"Kellin Quinn, will you marry me?" He asked as he pulled out a small, red-velvet box and opened it. All around, my family and his teared up. Gabe was already bawling his eyes out, of course. "Kellin?"

"Vic... Ye-" I smiled, but soon the smile faded as realization struck and my sweatpants got incredibly soaked.

"What is it?"

"My water just broke," I said, breaking down as Vic put away the ring, helped me up and put me in the car. He yelled to everyone else as they frantically cleaned up in order to meet us at the hospital, but I felt like death already.

"Hurry up, Vic. I don't want to freaking die here." I groaned. Vic called Dr. Martin and, within no time, we were in his office and I was in a gurnie hopped up on pain relievers so I didn't punch Vic in the damn face.

Four hours, I think, went by and I was stable enough to comprehend things and calm enough to not want to hit Vic anytime I saw him. I wouldn't want to right now anyway. He was holding our two kids in his arms as he laid next to me in the bed.

"Can I hold em?" I croaked. Vic chuckled and handed me a baby, one at a time, as he kissed the side of my head.

"The one with the dopey smile to the left is Adam," Vic pointed out. I laughed at the name out of pure joy.

"And the other?" I wondered.

"Don't know, yet. You name her."

"Taylor," I said. Vic smiled at me and repeated the name. Our babies were perfect and I loved them both.

"I love them and I love you," I commented.

"So, that's a yes then? You'll marry me?"

"Of course," I said, kissing Vic. We were a family now and I couldn't be happier. No matter how unconventional the start of it all was, I loved where I was right now.