seventeen

"Wanna go to a family picnic Vic and I's parents are throwing?" I asked Gabe as I rested my swollen ankles on his lap and ate chips carelessly. I missed hanging out with him, I felt like I had been blowing him off all this time.

"When?"

"It's pretty soon. Like, next week or something," I explained.

"Next week? Kellin, are you sure that's a good idea? You're nearing the end here, I don't want anything to happen." I groaned. Vic had been worrying about the same thing. I mean, honestly, what's the worst that could happen there? It's not like I'll give birth during grace or anything. It's a family gathering full of food; it's practically heaven!

"You sound just like Vic, hush. Besides, it'll be fun. You can meet someone and marry her so we can finally be brothers,"

"You're right," Gabe thought. "And I miss mom. I didn't see her when she visited. I'll go," He decided and I cheered.

It was about five when Gabe left my house and I was left alone with Netflix and junk food. I had been eating these all day, I was sick of it. I wanted real food. Fast food, actually.

I found myself calling Vic and waiting for him to pick up. It took him a while, he actually didn't answer the first time so I figured I would just go myself. As I roughly got in the car, though, Vic called back.

"Hey, what's up?" I said, putting the key in the ignition and starting the engine.

"Nothing, I'm sorry I was just downstairs getting something to eat,"

"I was just on my way to get something to eat. I want fast food-"

"Kellin, I don't want you to drive. I'm on my way." I chuckled.

"Vic, it's fine. I'll take ten minutes and be back in bed. Alone. Lonely. Eating this food. By myself," I sulked and hinted. I heard Vic snort before laughing. His laugh was always so cute, but it got me thinking; Vic hadn't really been at his house too much. He usually stayed at mine with me so when he was away, I missed him more.

"Alright, baby, alright. I'm coming." I smirked.

"Can you pick up fast food?"

"I can pick up Five Guys," Vic suggested.

"So our wedding is tomorrow then, right?" I joked. I heard Vic chuckle but sigh at the same time before saying goodbye and hanging up. I made my way inside and sat in the living room where I had my setup. It was hurting way too much to get up the stairs and Dr. Martin told me not to anyway so I was sleeping on the couch for now.

It didn't take too long for Vic to make his way to get home, to my house I mean. When he did, I jumped into his arms and took the food. That was more important.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you," I said, kissing him over and over until he sat down on the couch with me to watch whatever show I had on Netflix.

"Yeah, of course baby. I just don't want you driving." Vic put his arm around me and I sat into him.

"I know, I'm sorry," I said, giving him a fry to eat. He helped me put away the food pretty quickly. Now, we were just left to ourselves on the couch. He was just holding me and I was just playing with his hands. It was sweet and I loved it. I kind of wanted to do it everyday.

"Hey," Vic spoke up. I hummed a response and rested my head on his shoulder. "How do you actually feel about marriage?"

"What do you mean?"

"On the phone, you joked about it, but what if we really got married. Would you say 'yes' if I asked you?" He asked in a relative low tone. I just looked at him and smiled a bit.

"Of course." I kissed Vic on the lips and took hold of his face before pulling back. I forced him to look into my eyes before speaking. "I do love you, you know. And I would also love to get married one day." Vic nodded and pulled me closer into him.

Maybe we would get married one day. I liked Vic enough to and we were already a family. I didn't mind the idea one bit.