Chapter 13 What's the story? part 2

Hey all my lovely readers, voters, commenter's and followers :)

Sorry for taking so long to update.  Big thanks to all of you for your patience, and I hope you are all still enjoying the story.  I would also like to say thank you to everyone who has read, voted, commented and followed me so far. I am very grateful for your feedback and support <3 As always feel free to leave feedback in the comments section and I hope you enjoy this chapter:)

The baby woke up a half an hour later.

Lola fed her a bottle of formula then set her on her shoulder at patted her back gently to burp her.  She decided that a bath was in order once she caught a whif of the baby, she wondered if Stag knew how to properly bathe an infant. She had to learn when her sister had given birth and was in too much pain the first week to do it herself. Lola wondered just how much Stag actually knew about taking care of a little baby. He seems to have done fine up until now, but he was exhausted and clearly he needed help if he was desperate enough to show up on her doorstep knowing that her mother would have mentioned the beat up pregnant woman he turned up with at the hospital.

She set the satisfied baby back into the carrier and brought her and the bag into main bathroom where she ran a warm shallow bath and got the towel, baby clothes and clean nappy all ready for when she was done. Then she got soap and a washcloth ready before stripping off the baby's dirty clothes and nappy and cradling her in her arms while lowering her into the tub.  She gently washed the baby,  letting the warm water soothe and cleanse her, then took her out and towel dried her body, spritzed her with baby talc powder and re- dressed her in a nice clean outfit. A now clean, fed and relaxed baby started falling back asleep within moments and she turned back to the tub, using the soapy water to wash up the used baby clothes and blanket before rinsing them in clean water and hanging them over the heated towel rail to dry.

She brought the baby and carrier back into the lounge with her, and found one of her small spare blankets to cover her with, then settled on the couch with a cup of tea and some Arnotts teddy bear biscuits to watch some pre recorded episodes of Supernatural.

At some point she fell asleep and when she awoke, it was to the sound of Stag cooeing and making kissy noises at the baby.  He still hadn't noticed that she was awake,  so she just lay there quietly watching their interaction.  Tha baby was staring up at him with big blue eyes. Her pink little hands trying to grasp onto his finger and her cherub like cheeks lightly flushed. She was adorable and you could see the pure love reflected in his eyes as he talked to her in a kiddy voice about how cute she was, and how pretty she smelled now.  Lola took that as her cue and sat up, making as much noise as possible to let Stag know she was up.

He turned to face her, and awkwardly said; "Hi."

"Hey.  Sorry I must have dozed off."  Was her reply.

" No stress, she's only been awake a minute or so.  I only got up about ten minutes ago myself. Made some coffee though of you want some."

"Oh great thanks."  She got up and went to the kitchen to fill her cup.  When she turned to go back to the lounge though, she almost colided with Stag as he had come up to stand behind her.  She cursed as coffee sloshed onto her chest.

"Sorry, sorry.  I just..."  Stag looked down at Lola's chest where the coffee had landed and his eyes clouded over.  He leaned in like a hungry vampire about to feed on his victim, his tongue darted out over his bottom lip as he got closer.  He took the cup out of her hand and sat it on the bench top leaving his hand on that side of the bench. He stared into her wide eyes, his still stormy with hunger as he placed his other hand onto the bench at her other side, effectively pinning her in place.