chapter 2 Hospi-date.

Stag saw the girl fishing through her bag and not watching where she was going. He was on his way back from the truck carrying the barriers to place around the ditch he had been called out to fix.  He had arrived before the rest of the crew in order to asses the damage and place up the barriers and signs to stop precisely what was about to happen to that poor woman "Hey miss watch out for the..." too late she already stepped into it and by the looks of things hurt herself and is about to do more damage to herself. He ran over catching her just as she was about to face plant into the concrete. . not fast enough apparrently as she still managed to crash straight into his nuts holy balls that hurt, he thought but out loud he said "Miss... are you ok? I tried to call out but.. well you know".

Lola was in pain, really bad pain and so embarrassed that she couldn't even look at the man. He had nice arms though, hard working ones she could tell by the tan and muscles and the calluses on his hands. One arm she could see was covered in what looked like a tribal pattern tattoo she absently ran her finger along one of the lines then quickly pulled away realising two things at once; firstly she was intimately touching a stranger, who just helped to save her from hurting herself and secondly her head was still kind of sitting in his crotch. 'Oh shit moment!' she thought and tried to get up quickly to apologize but leant on the sore leg and tumbled back into the same spot  'fml moment!'

"You might wanna take me to dinner first if your gonna keep that up love" Stag chuckled as the poor girl blushed even darker than before but still refused to look up. "s-sorry she stammered before finally peeking up at him through her lashes... wow those are the most interestingly beautiful eyes he had ever seen. Fanned by thick dark lashes they changed colour depending on how the sun reflected off of them. "It's just that,  I think I've sprained my ankle,  it hurts like a bitch."  At that comment Stag outright laughed and she shot him a look that made him shut up instantly. "Didn't mean to laugh at ya love.. but that's not the expression that I expected to come out of your mouth."

"I just face planted into your beans, after stepping into that bloody hole which should have signs around it mind you. Now I've  fucked up my ankle, I'm late for work, not that I will be of any use to them now and to top it all off I've offended your delicate ears.  I'm so sorry" she snapped sarcastically.  Beans?

"Has anyone ever told you that you swear like a trucker?" he mused.

"Yes as a matter of fact my mother tells me that all the time." she replied trying yet again to get up.

Stag could tell she was embarrassed by her current position between his legs but didn't do a thing to help because for some reason he liked seeing her get flustered and riled up. He even kinda liked egging on her anger.

"I think you need to get the doctor to have a look at that."

"Thank you Captain obvious! What gave that away? the fact that I can't even get up? or was it the bright purple colour its turning?"

Ooh she was a firecracker. Not bad to look at either. Definitely has a nice rack and not one of those scrawny chicks. This is what a real woman's body should look like, perfect hourglass figure just like Marilyn Monroe. But damn she had a razor tongue. This is going to be fun he thought with a wicked little smirk on his face, which he quickly schooled into a grimace so as to not let on that he was attracted to her. It had been a while since he'd had to play hard to get for some attention, but he could tell she wouldn't fall for the usual charm shit most guys put on, himself included. She was too clever for that and he was sick of it anyway. Trying to be nice and sweet all the time gah! He isn't sweet by nature nor is he a player,  hence the nickname 'Stag' as that's how he has shown up to almost every event he's ever gone to. No point taking a girl he wasn't really interested in and have to sit through her mind numbing voice droning on about something boring all night long just so that he can have some arm candy and maybe a shag later. He figured by the end of the night he'd be so over it he wouldn't even want to take her home. Does that make him an ass? Maybe, but this razor tongued minx was a different story all together.

Lola took one look at that grimace and thought great now he thinks I'm a klutz and a bitch! Good going idiot you're going to turn into an old spinster with only your cat to talk to she mentally chastised herself. Attempting to rein in her temper and sarcasm she hefted herself into a sitting position and pulled out her phone to call work and let them know what's going on so they can replace her. Meanwhile that unnerving man was busy setting up the barriers that would have prevented this whole catastrophe if they'd been there from the start.  She began scrolling through her contacts to see who she could call to pick her up at this time of the morning and take her to the doctors office. Not looking forward to calling the only person not working, her mother, she was about to hit the call button when a shadow fell over her. She looked up at him slowly from her position on the ground, checking out his toned muscular calves all the way up his legs to that solid chest then up over his chisled jaw finally looking him straight in the eyes. Blue /green eyes with slight crinkles at the sides from smiling.

"Like what you see?" he asked taking off his hardhat and running his fingers through his flattened dark brown, almost black hair, making it stick up at odd angles.

Lola huffed, smug bastard "Like what you see?" she mimicked his voice. Real mature bone head her subconscious chimed in. She thought she heard him mumble something along the lines of

"Not bad..bit of a smartass though." Eh? been a long time since you've been payed male attention. Even her subconscious was a bitch!

"W-what are you doing?" she stammered as Stag bent and effortlessly picked her up bridal style and walked toward his pick up. 

"Can't exactly walk to the doctors office now can you? or would you prefer to sit around all day?" he replied gruffly.

Good one Lola now you've gone and pissed him off! He is only trying to help duh.

He gently placed her into the passeger seat then grabbed the belt as if to strap her in.

"I can do that myself you know. I hurt my ankle not my hands!" why did she keep snapping at him? mental face palm!

She saw the corner of his mouth twitch trying to hide his smirk before he slammed the door shut and hopped into the driver's seat whipping out his phone to shoot a text across to Tony who should be arriving any minute at the site, letting him know why he wasnt there. Then starting the engine and pulling the car out to drive to the nearest doctor,  which turned out to be an urgent care centre four blocks down.

After carefully carrying her out of the car, Stag plonked the woman into one of the blue plastic chairs along the wall of the waiting room and made his way over to the desk.  Once there he quietly explained to the nurse what had happened as she handed him a stack of papers to fill out and an ice pack for the ankle and told him a doctor would see her as soon as one was available,  providing nothing more urgent came through the doors. He thanked her and walked to the injured woman so that she could fill out the forms as he just realized they hadn't even exchanged names yet.  The thought made him chuckle and she looked up as he approached the seat beside hers. Probably wondering what the hell your laughing at idiot! he thought to himself.

"I brought the paperwork you have to fill in,  and while I was looking over the questions I realized that I don't even know your name. " he explained. Mines Cale, by the way. Cale Walters, but everyone calls me Stag".

"Stag" she retorted "Like the animal?"

"No. More like the guy who doesn't take dates to events or.." He stopped talking as she full on belly laughed at him while the nurse at the desk glared over at them. She quickly schooled her expression back into its cool semi smirk place apologizing and said  "Lola Banx, with an x."

He sat staring at her a few moments too long it seems as a cheeky glint hit her eyes and she asked "Want me to spell it out for you or have you got it?" while pointing to the stack of pages he still currently gripped. He quicky scrawled her name onto the page and moved on to the next question, not giving her the chance to take it from him and do it herself. This way he could get to know her without her getting suspicious.  stalker! his subconscious chimed in.  He ignored it and continued questioning her until the paperwork was filled; by which stage he could tell she was tired, she kept yawning and her eyes were getting heavy and each time they closed they'd stay shut a little longer than the last. He dragged a stool over and propped her foot up onto it, placing the ice pack over her swolen ankle and didn't complain when she rested her head on his shoulder and fell asleep.

A/N: As promised chapter 2. Hope you are enjoying the story so far. Drop a comment and let me know what you think and I'll get to work on chapter 3 and have it posted asap xx L.