Party Disaster

"Holy shit! Elena Juliet Windsor don't ever scared me like that again!" Stella yelled at me with worried eyes while we walked down the gardens. "You could have gotten killed!"

"I'm sorry Stella. It was detention, what I was supposed to do? Tell Mr. Bonelli no?" I told her to calmed her down. "Look, I have to go to the library to catch up with some work, ok? I'll see you later." I hugged her and ran to the main entrance of the old conservatoire.

After yesterday's near-death experience, I had been told to stay in bed and rest all day. So I missed all my classes, which mean I'll have a hell of a homework and lectures I'll have to catch up. I'm thrill! The hallways were empty, and not even a sound could be hear. It was strange since "social interactions" not begin till night, well not all of the students have the same class scheludes I thought as I turned down the corner and bumped into someone.

"Careful beautiful." A voice said softly.

Jasper.

"I'm so sorry. I wasn't paying attention." I quickly apoligized. I became aware of Jasper's hadns holding me. I was likely to have fallen if he hadn't had catched me. Sometimes I tend to be quite clumsy.

"Where were you going with such a rush?" Jasper asked, his intense blue eyes set on me like I was the only visible thing in the room. 

"I-" I couldn't finished what I was going to say. A hideous black cold shadow swopped into the hall. The shadow went from lamp to lamp, blacking one and then the next one and the next one. Why were these things appearing so repeatedly? Since I've been in the conservatoire I had had strange experiences but this year everything has changed. I'm seeing shadows at least 3 times a day. And sometimes even hourly. All I could do was try to act like everything was fine. But I was having a hard time with Jasper looking at me and the shadow making those frightening noises. I wished something would happen that drifted Jasper's attention from me. I wished, I wished Harry Styles would walk in.

And as if my prayers were answered, a curly haired boy with emerald eyes turned on the other corner of the hallway. Saved by the boy who looked like an angel sent from aboved. But he didn't looked much as salvation, he looked tired and was carrying a heavy stack of library books. The light in his emerald eyes was replaced by bags under them. His hair was messy and a few curls were falling down his eyes, that narrowed when he saw Jasper holding me.

I was trying to figuire out what have I done to annoy him this time that I almost didn't realize the second before the door closed behind Harry, the shadow slipped through it and into the night. 

Harry didnt' slow down as he passed and Jasper's sight didn't leave him. The he turned around to faced me. "I almost forgot to tell you. Having a little party in my room tonight after Social. I'd love for you to come." He said, more loudly than he needed to.

Social. Wednesday Social Night. Every Wednesday we had events like movie nights followed by lectures about the movie and the soundtrack.

But I couldn't go to Jasper's party anyway. I already had agreed with Stella to meet later. My eyes were still looking at Harry, who was with his back to us and I knew Jasper was waiting for my answer. But I couldn't answer when Harry turned around and looked at me with mournful eyes, I swear I saw that. Suddenly, Jasper's phone started ringing. 

"I'm sorry I have to take this. But you'll be there Elena?

Almost imperceptibly, Harry nodded. "Yes," I told Jasper. "Yes, I'll be there." 

....

Stella and I were on our way to the when we bumped into Colleen. I knew Stella had went through all of the new students files so she knew things about Colleen that I didn't know yet, but they seemed to get along so I felt relief.