Perfect Strangers

“I always seem to have a vague feeling that he is a Satan among musicians, a fallen angel in the darkness who is perpetually seeking to fight his way back to happiness.” - Havelock Ellis.

London, England. Present day.

Elena entered the enormous old building that has been her home for the past years. This is going to be the last one tough, now that she's turning 21 and finishing her studies this year she decided to travel to a few palces within Europa and make some music. Being in The Royal Conservatoire has been a whole experience, she didn't know much outside it since her parents where really overprotective with her. Elena's life hasn't been the easiest and normal, since she was a little girl she has experienced things that logic and reasoning can't explain. And she has had uncountable near-dead experiences, it was almost as if someone wanted to kill her; that's why her parents decided to signed her up here. As Elena loved music and playing the piano she didn't argue much about being locked up for the rest of her teenager days.

"Remember to call us if you need anything, and please take care." Her mother told Elena with tears in her eyes. Everytime they said goodbye, they wondered if that would be the last time they might saw her beloved daughter. Hope was the only thing that made them resist, that and love.

"Mum, please don't worry. I'm going to be fine, we always do this, remember? And I'm 20 for crying out loud." Elena told her mum with a hint of humor to try to make her smile. "Dad please don't let her be so sentimental while I'm gone, ok?"

"Sure honey. Just please do what your mum told you. Take care." Her father hugged her as tight as he could taking care to not suffocate her. Elena knew he was holding his tears back so she didn't see him cry infront of her. She knew it was hard for them every year leave her here with the uncertainty of whether or not they would see her alive again. So far nothing has happened to her these past years, why would happened now?

After her parents left, Elena headed over to her bedroom. In The Royal Conservatoire the accommodation where mixed, boys and girls room. The first accommodations where in the west wing of the building, meanwhile the rest where in the east wing. Her room was on the east wing. Just before arriving there, a group of new students were talking in the hallway. A tall blonde girl with blue eyes, who looked more like a model than a student, stared at Elena has she walked passed them, she didn't look back at her. Elena felt this nerve wracking feeling when she felt the new student glare, it was like the blonde girl was trying to suck her soul and kill her, so much hate in just one stare. Elena hurried to her room and got in.

A petite girl with short hair was standing in the room. Elena stood on the door frame not understanding what was going on. Did she mistaken the room? The girl turned around and looked at her with a smile on her face.

"Hi, my name is Colleen! You must be Elena, really nice to meet you. I'm your new roommate!" Elena took a look at her and she noticed her blue paled eyes and her style was a little gothic. But because of her slim contexture and her haircut she looked more like a pixie, a gothic pixie. Colleen had black haired with some red highlights, it suited her really well. That wasn't common at all here, you just saw a bunch of posh kids around here with their polo t-shirts and gucci handbags at the weekend; Elena was the only one who dressed more "commonly". She has a scholarship so she wasn't part of that rich kids world, but she didn't want to be either. For her it didn't matter how you dress, besides, they use unifroms on the week and whatever they want on weekends.

"My new roommate? But I thought this year we wouldn't share rooms since we're seniors. Stella signed up for us to be roomates but it was denied. No offense." Stella was Elena's best friend, they had been roommates and friends since they met at the conservatoire. She was the only person here who knew about her nightmares and inexplicable situations. All she could think was what was she going to do now with this new roommate. She will probably think she was weird and has serious problems.