13: Nutella & Rain

• Skylar •

"Justin, will just tell me where we're going?" I ask, staring at him expectantly from the passenger seat.

He flicks his hair out of his eyes, making a left onto some dirt road. "Calm down, Sky. It's a surprise."

"A surprise!" I exclaim, glancing nervously at the empty surroundings. The dirt road sent shivers up and down my spine. There were no other cars, just masses of trees on each side of the road. "This looks like you're taking me out to murder me!"

Justin laughs. "Don't worry. I would never hurt you, Sky."

I flash a smile, reach over a brushing his light brown hair out of his eyes. "I know."

Justin blushes, smiling back at me. "Good." He reaches over and turns on the radio, a familiar tune taking over the silent atmosphere.

"You could be my compass. Teach me how to read these broken lines..."

I smile at myself as I begin to sing along. Not aloud, but more like a small whisper to myself. I can feel Justin sneaking looks at me, probably able to hear me.

"Hold me like a lover. We'll find a way, to run away, tonight..."

Suddenly the music is no longer playing and Justin's looking at me with a lopsided grin.

"What was that for?" I question.

"I was hoping you'd keep singing." He explains sheepishly. "I like your voice."

"Wait, Justin, watch out!" I exclaim, covering my eyes.

"What? Skylar, what's wrong?" He asks, worry now in his voice. I feel the car come to a stop and I'm breathing heavily, images flashing through my head.

The music... Those words... The truck... The screaming... The darkness...

"Skylar!" Justin's voice sounds far away. "Skylar, what's wrong? Please, speak to me!"

I burst out in tears. As if on cue, I can hear the soft sound of rain pelting the roof of the car.

"Skylar. Skylar, please." I can feel Justin's arms on me. Keeping my eyes shut, I reach over and wrap my arms around him, holding him tightly. He holds me back, soothingly rubbing my back in attempts to calm me down. I breath in his scent, burying my face in the nape of his neck. His other hand caresses my hair, his lips pressed to my neck.

We stayed in that position for what seemed like minutes, maybe a full hour considering it felt like a long time. I'd stopped crying, only breathing softly and never letting go of Justin. It's as if I let to, I'd lose him. I'd lose him too. I couldn't risk that.

"Skylar?" Justin mumbles, breaking the silence. "What just happened?"

I refuse to let go of him, holding him tighter as I try to answer his question. "I thought I was going to lose you."

"Why would you lose me, Sky?" He asks, pulling away slightly so that his eyes met mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck, keeping any kind of contact.

"What you said... About liking my voice... Those were the last words Noah ever said to me." Tears begin to form in my eyes, overflowing and running down my cheek. Justin's wipes them away with his thumb and leans in, resting his forehead against mine.

"You won't lose me, Sky." Justin assures me. "Not anytime soon."

"Promise?"

"Promise." His lips gently touch my nose, dropping a small kiss.

"You missed." I blurt and then blush, my face slightly reddening. Did I just say that aloud? I didn't mean too.

"What?" Justin mutters, furrowing his eyebrows together.

"What?" I reply innocently, biting my lip.

"Did you say-"

"Are we gonna go or not?" I interrupt, changing the subject. Justin looks at me curiously as he answers

"I was going to take you to a picnic." He explains. "There's a nice lake at the end of this road but I guess my plans were ruined by the unplanned rain."

I pout, finding his hand and intertwining our fingers. "Screw the rain. Let's go!"

Justin chuckles, rolling his eyes. "I don't need you getting sick. Lake's canceled but the picnic's still going."

"Wha-" I begin to ask but he cuts me off.

"C'mon." He grins, climbing onto the backseat of the car. Questionably, I follow, settling down across from him.

He reaches beneath the seat and pulls out a small picnic basket, placing it between us.

"I'm not sure what you liked, so I made Ham & Cheese and Nutella just in case." Justin reaches into the basket and pulls pulls out three different sandwiches. Two Nutella and one ham & cheese. I quickly dove for the Nutella.

Justin smirks. "I should have known." He takes the other Nutella and unzips the bag.

"This is good!" I exclaim, my mouth already full. Yes, I know. I was quick. In my defense, I was hungry and I hadn't bad breakfast.

Justin grins. "Yeah? I just slapped Nutella between two slices. I could making living out of that."

I laugh, rolling my eyes at him. "If that's the case, I can make a living out of watching TV."

"Touché." Justin winks, taking his first bite out of the sandwich.

As I finished up mine, I sat back and just watched him. With the faint noise of the rain and low hum of the radio, I found this moment perfect.

Justin was...beautiful. His smile... His hazel eyes that reminded me of a beautiful pool of milk chocolate... The way his cheeks flushed whenever I'd smile back at him... I couldn't believe I'd almost let him go.

"Justin?"

"Mm?" He responds, shoving his last piece of Nutella into his mouth.

I don't know why I did it. Ok, maybe I did know. I knew very well why I did it.

I reach over, grabbing his face and slamming my lips against his. Justin surprised, attempting to chew and kiss me back at the same time. Once he swallows, his arms snake around my waist and he deepens the kiss. He tastes like Nutella and, well, just Justin. Ever since yesterday, I've been craving to do this. Absentmindedly, I continue to kiss the boy that had taught me how to love again.

_____________________

Author's Note: Gah, one more chapter. I know I said I'd end it at chappie 15 but I'm not sure I can. This has turned into a short story /: Sorry, loves! Anyways, ignore any typos. I'm too lazy to proof read. And please drop a comment and vote (: & go check out my story, Lights, Cameras, & Harry Styles. It's addicting! xx Oh, & the song in this chapter was "Happy endings are stories that haven't ended yet" by Mayday Parade