"Happy" Birthday

I had no glue where the November was gone. Today was the first of December, it was getting colder and colder outside but there was not a single snowflake in sight. I liked the cold season, it seemed so quiet and everything seemed a little less stressful, except if want to buy Christmas gifts. As I got out of the shower and towelled my hair, I thought about what or whether I should buy the other for Christmas.

While I was thinking what I could give Zayn, my phone gave a soft plink of itself. I threw the towel in the laundry bin and tapped the screen to see who wanted something from me. Lily had sent me a text: Tomorrow it's finally done! Winter holidays I'm coming! Lily :) x I rejoiced mind-boggling for her, but even more for myself, if I was honest. Perhaps she has more time now we can spend together.

"Hey Liam, are you coming?" I want to drive to the mall. "Why not, I still need a Christmas present for Danielle. " "Already?" I pulled on him while I put on my jacket. Liam had the habit, be it gifts for birthdays housewarming parties or for Christmas, to get it at the last minute. "I try not to make make the same mistake again as last year. It seems as if whole London, would buy the gifts one weeks before Christmas and that makes the whole thing too stressful." he told me. "You don't say." "Sure make fun of me, you can walk to the mall if you want." he threatened me with a nasty grin. Unfortunately he has won, my car is in the garage, because the brakes need to be replaced.

I think I have everything let's see how far Liam is. I called him because I don't exactly knew where he was. "Hello." "Where are you?" "I 'm at Tiffany's." "You want to buy her an engagement ring?" I asked a little too loudly, the two older ladies who walked past me, sighed and looked at me with loving eyes. Women are always sentimental when it comes to marriages, no matter how old they are. "No, of course not! Well at least not in the near future. Why is it so difficult for me to find something suitable for her? Are you finished? Will you help me?" It already has to be bad if Liam talks without breathing. "Yes, I'm coming, I just bought the last things at Burberry." When I entered the store I saw Liam standing at the counter in front of him were several rings, a necklace with coloured diamonds and right now the seller showed him a watch. "Louis what do you think about this watch?" Liam asked me for my opinion. "I 'm not sure if that's entirely Danielle's style." He gave it the seller back. During he stowed the clock safely in the display case behind him, I turned to Liam: "Do you had in mind that something could please her with which she doesn't sparkle like a Christmas tree?" Liam had probably just imagined this figuratively, because he difficulty was able to resist the laughter. "Sure, but she already has hundreds of Mulberry bags at home and I refuse to support her shoe obsession. Honestly Louis, why do they need five times the same pair of shoes in three different colors and with different high heels." he desperately complained. "We've been together almost three years and so I thought I give her something unique." "Would you put us these rings aside, my friend here needs some thinking time." I turned to the seller, who had averted followed Liam's monologue about shoes and bags.

Liam had somewhat struggled to follow me out of the shop, but then he had accepted that I'm right. "And what do you think?" Liam asked and just stopped in the middle of the hallway. Actually, I was in thoughts, just going to compare which topping would better fit my Starbucks Coffee. I also stopped and read the shop sign. Beaux Avenue. The mannequins in the window display wore the finest lace underwear and silk pyjamas. "Well at least this would be a gift for you too and you could celebrate your long-term relationship." was the first thing I could think of. Liam thought this is inappropriate and missed me a blow on the back of the head. I rubbed my head and said, "You asked for my opinion. You can buy her whatever you want, but I certainly won't help you to pick underwear for Danielle." "I understand, let's go on." he relented. Another hour passed, we had been in every imaginable shop in Westfield, but we hadn't found anything that would fit. "Well let's pick a ring." I finally gave up when we came out of the Starbucks.