Weaklings and Equals

Picture to the right is Flynn

I was just about to ask Loki to pass the knife when Argo appeared in the kitchen’s doorway, “Flynn wants us all in the captain’s chambers now” he said somberly.

Loki stopped cutting to look up at him, “What is it?”

“It’s about Indie” Argo said quietly.

My blood ran cold.

Loki sighed and wiped his hands onto the front of his trousers, “We’re never really ever rid of that arse now are we?” he muttered to himself.

I sucked in a breath and followed both of them to the captain’s quarters in silence. What could Flynn possibly have to say about Indie? After dropping his unconscious “cured” body into the sea, no one had even muttered his name. I found myself getting anxious before I even knew what the meeting had to do with Indie. I took a deep breath and walked through the doorway to see Sara, Zintarrah, Castor, Flynn, and Lashwin all standing about in the room.

What in the bloody hell was Lashwin doing here?

Flynn clapped his hands together loudly, “Now that we are all here, we can get started. Lashwin here has heard some rumors of Indie. That in itself is proof that the cure worked and he survived.”

I frowned. Did Flynn really call us all in here to just here about Indie’s survival?

“Now that we know he’s alive, we’ll have to stay on our toes. I can think of no reason why he’d look for us or try to start trouble, but he’s a loose cannon that one. Now keep in mind, we’re moving faster than was predicted, so we should be arriving to meet my old pal in the morning. Sleep well and prepare the crew. We dock at dawn” he finished. Everyone nodded, and slowly made their way out of the room to leave, I lingered.

Flynn sat in his chair and signaled for me to come to him, I complied. Just as I was in front of him, he quickly pulled me into his lap and nuzzled my neck. I gasped; such affection from him was rare. I wrapped my arms around his neck basking in the attention.

“We should get to bed early” he mumbled into the hollow of my throat. I bit back a gasp as chills ran up my legs.

“Mmhm” I said in a raspy tone.

“We have to dock tomorrow” he whispered as he made slow deliberate kisses along the side of my jaw. My toes curled in my boots and I lace my fingers into his soft hair.

“Flynn” I muttered. My eyes closed on their own accord as he pressed his lips to mine erasing all worries of the next morning.

********

“Stay alert!” Loki yelled as the crew jumped around working. They were quicker than the crew of Poseidon’s Curse but they were nowhere as close as they were. The previous crew had been together for years. These men were recently thrown together not more than a few days ago. It left rooms for many mistakes.

I braided my hair quickly and set to my duties; which were still, unsurprisingly, cleaning the deck. I threw the bucket of water onto the deck and dropped to my knees and began scrubbing away. I felt the sun bearing on my back, but it wasn’t an unwelcomed feeling. Well that was until a shadow blocked out the light. I paused from my tiring work to turn around.

“Well hello there Lashwin. How can I be of service to thee?” I asked as I squinted to look up at him.

Lashwin smiled and tucked his red hair behind his ear, “Actually you can” he said with a smile. He reached out his hand. I sighed and took it; I’d never finish the deck in time. Lashwin pulled me to my feet with ease.