The Stones

Picture to the right is Loki

Sara shrugged off my arm, “Mark my words Adeline, something is not right. And we shall find out sooner rather than later what it is. Trouble is brewing on the sea, and I have an odd feeling it has to do with that bloody witch” she said before stalking off.

I stared at Sara’s retreating back in annoyance. She had been like this since we had decided to go on this voyage. Every day she was babbling about how unsafe it was and how idiotic we were being, which in her defense was probably true. But we were pirates, this was what we did. And this witch was promising gold with her release, why would we pass this up?

I looked over at Argo and saw him talking to a few of the crew members, no doubt scaring them of the upcoming voyage for no apparent reason. I walked over just in time to hear him talking of our last life threatening event.

“And then the blasted serpent lunges at the Captain and Castor over there jumps on top of the bloody thing’s head! At this point boys, I was sure we were dead. The sea snake stretches up to its fullest height, mind you Castor’s still on the damned creature’s head.

I had already pegged the poor bloke a goner. Then Loki, the cook, starts taunting the beast. He’s jumping around waving at it, begging it to eat him up. Castor’s flailing and screaming like a banshee at that point.

Then the thing dives at Loki, knocking Castor’s arse off its head and into the water. But of course my lady comes to the rescue and stabs the bloody thing in the eye. And then…” Argo paused for effect while the men standing around gawked and hung on his every word.

“Well go on then!” the skinny lankiest one of them yelled.

Argo smiled, “And then when the creature was screeching about, I ran to the upper deck and dived right onto its head, just as Castor had only moments before. I beheaded the beast with this very blade!” he roared as he unsheathed his sword. The men yelled in approval and began patting him on the back. I smiled even though I knew for a fact that he left out the part that pretty much everyone besides Loki had pissed themselves that day, himself included.

“Flynn is asking for all of us below deck” Castor whispered in my ear.

I turned to face him, “Do you know whatever for?” I asked him with a raised brow. I stared as the moonlight shadowed his face.

Castor shook his head, “Grab Argo will ya? I’ll go alert Loki” he said quickly before dashing off.

As I dragged Argo away from his new admirers, I began wondering what Flynn could want with all of us. We had already discussed who would be doing what and all the other matters. The only thing that could come to mind was him trying to get the girls and myself to learn how to wield swords, something he had been hassling me over ever since the whole Indie episode.

As Argo pushed open the door and went to stand between Sara and Loki, I made my way next to Zintarrah. Flynn nodded at Castor to close the door as we were all gathered in the room.

“I’ve been thinking” Flynn said slowly.