Baths and Disputes

NOT EDITED

Andrela swatted at his head, “I think we should tell the crew so they can at least be prepared.”

Flynn shook his head, “No not at all, the cowards would jump ship the second you uttered the words.”

“Well you’re not captain as of right now are you fish boy?” Andrela said with narrowed eyes.

Then they all looked at me.

I sighed, “We aren’t telling a soul”

Andrela glowered at me, “What right do you have to keep these men ignorant of the horrors to come. They trust you lot, and here you are letting them follow you blindly into hell.” She snarled.

“And you’d rather they jump ship and leave us to sail alone to free the witch?” Flynn asked irately. Andrela crossed her arms over her chest and gave him a pointed look but otherwise said nothing.

“I don’t think we should tell them either. They’re cowards and I imagine they’ll abandon ship the second we mention the monstrosity you two want us to suffer through” Loki said.

“So it’s decided then?” I asked while eying them all.

No one objected.

********

“Now this is an idiotic idea Addie” Flynn said as he strode beside me. I turned the corner sharply trying my very best to move faster than him, but his legs being longer than mine made the feat harder than one would think.

“Well it isn’t really your decision now is it?” I said in a tight voice.

He laughed drily, “Adeline, I can put his arse right back down there tomorrow.”

I stopped abruptly, “Flynn that would be unwise. He has encountered the witch, meaning he knows more of her than either of us. Plus we can’t bloody leave him down there to rot. It’s been ages!”

Flynn shrugged, “He knows of the witch, then I say we interrogate the bastard, not let him roam free after maiming my first mate. He can rot down there for eternity for all I care.”

“Have you always been this way? So stubborn?” I asked in an annoyed tone.

“You’re jesting right? I actually feel as though I’ve been quite lenient compared to what I used to be like. Consider yourself lucky.”

I rolled my eyes, “I have a feeling Zane may shock you” I said as I pushed the doors open leading us into a large and rather smelly room.

“Who is supposed to clean down here?” I asked as the scent of waste and unwashed men assaulted me.

Flynn shrugged, “Never really appointed anyone to do it. They’re prisoners, why should they have tidy quarters to be punished in.”

“You’re incorrigible” I muttered as we arrived at Zane’s cell.

He looked horrible. His black hair was in need of a trim and his beard covered the whole lower half of his face. His shirt, which I was positive was white when I had last seen him, was a dingy brown and his pants was in tatters. By the grace of the gods alone was he not yet revealing himself.

“Zane?” I whispered. He didn’t move nor did he say anything.

I gasped, “Open this door immediately!” I screeched. “When is the last time someone has been down here to check on him?!” I yelled as a man rushed forward with the keys and unlocked the cell.

“He was fine a few days ago Captain. I swear.” The man stuttered to Flynn. Flynn simply shrugged.

I yanked open the door about to rush inside to see to my old friend when he jumped up out of nowhere and grabbed me. I gasped as he spun me around and pulled me into him.