six

The gala was a month away. Harry texted Louis the details not too long after the omega accepted his request. Three days went by of Harry and Louis texting each other and having short conversations.

It all changed when Louis woke up one day to a text from the alpha.

Harry: what are you doing today? I wanna take you shopping for something to wear at the gala.

Louis immediately responded.

Louis: you don't have to do that.

Harry: I insist. What are you doing today?

Louis: nothing, I guess. Possibly hanging out with a cocky, self centered alpha.

Harry: cocky? ;)

Louis: shut the fuck up.

Harry: send me your address

Harry: I'll pick you up at 12 :)

Louis then huffed, falling back on his bed. He has no idea what he's gotten himself into.

-

Louis had the urge to walk over to a local coffee shop and make Harry pick him up. His flat wasn't the best, completely run down compared to Harry's luxurious apartment. But when Louis thought more about it, he really didn't care what Harry thought about him. There were no romantic feelings, so there was no point in caring about what Harry thought of him.

Harry pulled up to the flat complex, double checking his phone to make sure it was the correct destination. When it was, his heart sank. There were broken windows and homeless people crowding the ally nearby. Harry decided to turn off his car and step out once he noticed one of the iron stairways was broken in half.

As the alpha locked his car and made his way to the flat, he called Louis on his phone.

"Hey, Harry," Louis' beautiful voice filled Harry's ears.

"Hi, Lou," Harry rushes out and cringes at the lobby. There's no one at the front desk, which is just made out of cheap wood that is chipping off. The wallpaper is also peeling back, revealing dull, gray brick walls. "I'm in the lobby," Harry says. He nearly jumps when he thinks he sees a rat out of the corner of his eye.

Louis gasps. "Oh no, you should be with your car!"

"No, it's fine," Harry insists. "I'd rather make sure you're safe—"

"I'm here at this complex everyday," Louis points out. "Your sports car isn't."

Harry furrows his eyebrows, not getting what Louis is hinting at. When he does, Harry gasps and sprints out the lobby towards his car. "Hey, stop!" Harry shouts at two men crouched near his tires. The men drop their tools and run far away, forgetting about the expensive tires.

Once Harry's caught his breath, he looks down at his phone to see Louis ended the call. He felt a pang of guilt once he realized he jumped to protect his car rather than the omega he's been pining over. Harry's guilt diminishes when he hears Louis giggle behind him.

Surprised, Harry turns around to a beaming omega. "I see you managed to save your tires," Louis comments.

"I'm so sorry," Harry apologizes. "I was gonna come get you—"

"It's fine," Louis assures. "I live here. I'm not some helpless, fragile omega like you make me out to be." Louis' tone was now less playful, but not fully annoyed.

Harry's eyes widen. "I didn't mean it like that—"

Louis interrupts again, "I know. I'm kind of kidding."