four

The omega was seated on the alpha's couch, snuggling into a blanket for warmth. Louis was still shaken up from getting his wallet stolen. His eyes welled with tears at the thought of something worse happening to him.

Harry comforted the boy for a bit, before hearing his stomach grumble. Now, the older man was standing in front of his pantry, trying to figure out what to make. He could order a pizza, but the omega deserves to have a home cooked meal.

Unfortunately, all Harry could make was lobster. Everything else was out of a box. "Um... do you like macaroni and cheese?" Harry asks, scratching the back of his neck.

"That's fine," Louis replies quietly.

Even though he would've preferred something much healthier, Harry got to work with the cooking. While the pasta boiled, he put the TV on for Louis. When the pasta was done, he noticed the omega had fallen asleep.

Still, he continued cooking. He would just wake Louis up when the macaroni was done. After combining the pasta with the melted butter, cheese, and milk, Harry served a bowl for him and Louis.

It pained Harry to wake the beautiful sleeping omega, but it had to be done. He couldn't have Louis be starving any longer. "Little one," Harry whispers and gently shakes Louis' shoulders.

Louis' eyes flutter open, revealing the bright blue eyes Harry loves. Half asleep, Louis mumbles, "daddy?"

"Oh, um, no." Harry blushes. "The dinner is done."

Louis hums, closing his eyes again. "Thank you, daddy."

"Louis," Harry pleads, desperately wanting the boy to snap out of this state of being half asleep and awake.

Louis sits up, his eyes wide. "Hm?"

Harry lets out a sigh of relief. "Dinner is done."

"Oh," Louis' eyes light up. "Thank you so much."

Harry walks back into the kitchen, calling out, "I'll get your food."

Louis smirks a little at Harry when the alpha comes back with the food. "Lobster and macaroni. You are quite the cook."

Harry chuckles and shrugs. "Lobster is the only thing I can make. I pretty much order everything else, or get it from a box." Harry's eyes widen, quickly adding, "alphas can cook too though! I've just never learned... not like I think only omegas can cook."

It was a sexist view of many that only omegas belonged in the kitchen. Louis smiled softly at him, giggling. "Harry, I know. You're not like other alphas."

And in that moment, Harry's heart felt a burst of hope. Zayn told him Louis didn't trust alphas. But Louis had just said Harry wasn't like other alphas.

Harry gleamed, figuring Louis will give him a chance after all.

-

Deciding his cooking skills were shit, Harry decided to take Louis out for breakfast in the morning. He contemplated this after waking up with a sore back on the couch. Louis took his bed, not that the alpha minded. Harry had to insist Louis take his bed, since Louis felt bad.

However, the alphas plans were destroyed when Louis came out of the room with his shopping bags, cursing angrily. Harry frowned at him. "What's wrong, little one?"

Ignoring the pet name, Louis huffs and asks, "what day is it?"

"Thurs—"

"No, the day," Louis huffs.

Harry is taken aback by his attitude, but replies, "the sixteenth."

"Fuck!" Louis curses, checking the time. The omega then sighs, frowning at Harry. "I'm sorry, Harry. I didn't mean to be rude. I'm just late for work."

Having all of his belongings, Louis headed towards the front door. "Wait," Harry calls out. "Let me take you."

On the inside, Louis panics. He doesn't have feelings for the alpha, but for some reason his inner omega feels ashamed he's about to have sex with another alpha. It would just add to the guilt if Harry dropped him off.

Louis mumbles nervously, "um, no thanks."

Harry shakes his head, frowning deeply. "I'll blame myself if anything happens to you. Let me drop you off."

Louis felt ashamed once he nodded subtly. He knew there was no getting around it.

-

Louis' job dawned on Harry when he found himself dropping Louis off at an apartment complex. Of course, he knew what Louis did for a living. It just never fully hit him. Louis' job was to help alphas through their ruts. After all, Harry was a customer. The alpha is having a mental crisis inside of his head, wondering how he hasn't digested the fact.

Harry's mind wandered to if Louis even liked him, how many men he's slept with, why he does this job—

"Harry!" The omega snaps, slightly worried as the older man drifted off into his own world.

Harry turned to Louis, shaking his head. "Sorry. What were you saying?"

Louis sighs. "I was saying goodbye," he responds with pursed lips. It annoyed him Harry wasn't listening. Luckily, he didn't say anything important.

Without even thinking, Harry instead replies with, "go out to dinner with me, like a date."

Louis' eyes widen, not believing what he just heard. "W-What? No!" Louis exclaims after a moment of hesitation.

Harry winces from embarrassment, immediately apologizing. "Oh, gosh, 'm so sorry. It just slipped out—"

"I have to go," Louis rushes out before grabbing his belongings and exiting the car.

Harry let out a sigh of defeat, wanting to sulk until the ground swallowed him up. Harry took a few moments to tug at his hair and dwell in self hatred before looking up in direction Louis took off in.

And God, he wish he hadn't.

Louis was on the steps on one of the first flats on the bottom, lip locked with another alpha that was squeezing his bum while they stumbled into his apartment.

The omega originally had no intention of kissing the alpha. But, with Harry's request for a date, it sent him on the edge. He needed Harry to get over him and realize how worthless he was.

In Louis' eyes, he was a worthless whore that didn't even deserve Harry's time. Hopefully Harry would notice that and move on. The insecure omega knew he deserved so much better.