Chapter 8- The beginning

Chappy 8-

Today was the day. The day I get put into the games. The day everything and everyone changes. I was dressed in what my mother wore but smaller size.

Cinna was currently doing my hair. He made a French braid going to the side. It was beautiful. I thought about my allies so far. Jason, Kimberly and kyle.

I knew u should've gotten more but I didn't want to interact with any more of the people who were gonna try and kill me.

"cinna?" I asked, polightly.

"yes?" he replied as he was doing the finishing touches to my hair.

"Will u paint something on me? I want you to paint a black paw with a flame beside my eye." I said, remembering my dream. I'm the orange flame from now on.

Cinna looked at me hesitantly but smiled than worked on my painting.

********

I hugged my mom and dad crying into their shoulders. I didn't want to leave my family.

"Mommy and I love you, alex. Take that into the game with you and you'll be fine. I promise." Daddy whispered into my ear.

Mom pulled something out of her pocket.

It was her mocking jay pin.

"thank you so much!" I said as I wrapped my arms around her for what might be the last time. One of the peacekeepers took my by the arm roughly.

"it's time to go." he said in a deep voice. And without waiting for me to reply, he pulled me all the way to the tube that would bring me into the hunger games.

I screamed and shouted for my parents but all it did was make the peacekeeper grip my arm tighter until it hurt so bad that I stoped.

I had tears and red eyes but I knew mother would want me to toughen up so I did.

I waited in the tube as it brought me up. I finally entered the arena and looked at my surroundings.

We were all on a platform in a tropical forest. I turned my head towards Jason. He nodded at me reassuringly. I could see a beach up ahead and the weapons there also. Then the counting started.

10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1!!! The buzzard went off and I ran. I ran as fast as my little legs could take me. Jason was right next to me.

I made the mistake of looking back and found a guy wrestling another to the ground. I jerked my head back.

I reached the weapons and ended up grabbing two knives. One big, one small.

I noticed Jason wasn't next to me anymore. I heard a bomb go off. No! I tab to where I saw Jason. He was drenched in blood with a girl laying next to him, dead.

I gasped. Someone started to run after us. Jason didn't have any time to waste, he took my hand and pulled me into the forest until we got deep inside and lost the guy chasing after us.

I started to cry once agian.

"Alexandra, listen to me. You'll be fine. But you need to be quiet." Jason whispered. I nodded my head. I snuffled a couple of times.

What know?

"We need to find freshwater." I said. Jason nodded. We started to walk. It's the only thing we did for days it seemed. I was getting really hot and parched.

The next thing I know we aren't in a tropical forest anymore. It just turned dark, black, into nothing. Just walking in darkness. Then I saw a light and sooner or later we weren't even in the blackness anymore.

It's a dessert.

The game makers must've changed their mind on the setting. This is going to be that much more harder. Not only are we in the open, but there's going to be barely any water here.

I couldn't take this anymore. I collapsed on the sand and rolled down a hill. Jason shouted at me but I couldn't make out what he was saying.

The next thing I know I see a little stampede of...Scourpians?! They were coming out if the ground and crawling towards me.

I screamed. Jason ran to me and yelled,

"Run!"

I ran agian. I wasn't fast and I didn't have a lot if energy. The scorpions had little bodies but quick legs and a HUGE stinger.

I was losing pace with Jason. I could feel myself getting slower with every step I took.

I looked at Jason.

"Just leave me." I shouted at him.

"No way." He said. He ran back for me. I felt a sting on my ankle. I screamed out in pain. It felt like I just got stabbed with an acid drenched knife.

Before I could feel anymore, Jason came and started dragging me away quickly.

"Just hold on." Jason said. I could feel warm blood dripping down my leg. Then I remembered Jason was still covered in blood from the dead girl. I heard familiar voices yell out to us. Then I heard nothing.

*****************

I Awoke in a forest. A rain forest. But I thought we were in the desert. I sat up and looked at my ankle. There was a big hole where the mutant scorpions had stung me and a line of dry blood down it.

Who had saved us?

I looked around and found Jason. But I also found none other than Kimberely and kyle, the twins. They were all awake.

"What happened?" I asked,confused. Kyle cleared his throat.

"We saved you and Jason then started running the direction we came from. The arena is split in half. Some of it as the desert, and some as a rain forest. The cross between both is the safe spot. It's like the eye of a hurricane. It's nothing, just blackness. But it's short, only a few meters long. And then you get to one of the halves."Kimberely said.

I widened my eyes. That explained everything.