Chapter 2- jason and the explaination

Chapter 2-

" I volunteer!" the boy called stepping into the stage then lookat me. The other boy step off."what's your name?" Effie asked him."Jason cooper." he said."Jason cooper, everyone!" editor days and everyone started clapping.

"I'm so sorry to say that this time is over and u may go now." Effie says. All the kids run up to their parents and hug them with relief while Jason and I stand here with terror on our faces.

My mom and dad walk over to me and hug me."I'm so sorry." my dad said."for what?" I asked."that u hav to go through this like we did." my mom said tears coming out of her eyes.

'at least u two are my mentors." I sighed."we have to go but we will meet u in the train." my dad said then walked off with a crying mom.

Jason walked over to me."y r u doing this?" I asked."because I care for people unlike the capital." Jason stated."how come your family didn't come up to say good bye to u?" I asked.

He seemed a little pained at this." I hav no family." was all he said. I suddenly felt guilty."oh im sorry, I didn't mean to interfere."I said looking down.

"it's okay." he said."do Ming me asking y?" I asked."of course not. My mom and dad were executed after they tried to fight for my sister who got pulled into the games. She never did come out." he said sadly.

I felt bad. And to think only one of us or maybe none was going to come out."what was your sisters name?" I asked. He sighed before saying"rue".

I gasped."as in the rue who my mother was alleys with?" I asked suprised,"that's the one." he nodded."but u look nothing like rue and she was from 11 and your in 12 right now." I said.

"I know I look nothing like her. I'm more like my mom she had white skin and blonde hair with blue eyes also, while rue looks like our dad. I escaped 11 after my dad got executed with my mom, it was to much pain to be reminded. To much memories." he sighed.

I nodded slowly. He must be depressed right now."time to get going, children."Effie said. Jason and I got up and walked onto the train I saw my mom there with a box of tissues next to her.

Once she saw me she came over and hugged me."where's dad?" I asked worriedly."calm down, Alexandra. He's mentoring Jason." mom said.

I sighed."is something wrong?" mom asked."yes." I said."what is it?" mother asked."jason."I said."Wht about him?" mom asked. That's when I started explaining.

I told her everything, from rue and Jason being relatives to Jason running away from 11. Mom gasped and looked slightly pained from the memorie of rue.

"oh my gosh." my mom said looking dazed and pained."I know." was all I could say."anyways, shouldn't we get ready for training? Tomorrows the first day I get to meet my enimes at the traing court." I said trying to change the subject.

"oh, um that's right." my mom said snapping out of her thoughts."let's go!"

We walked to the training room and Jason and dad were already in there. Once dad saw me he came over and hugged me while mom went over to Jason. Hmmmm?

Katnises pov.

I walked over to Jason slowly and carefully. He was practicing throwing knives at a cardboard dummy. He was actually quite good.

I still can't believe he's related to rue. Oh, rue, I miss u so much. I got close enough to Jason where he could see me and he stoped and stared at me for a while before speaking.

"I'm sorry." Jason said sincerly. I got confused."y?" I asked interested."about Alexandra." he said looking down."y do u care?" I asked with a little edge though I didn't mean to.

He looked slightly taken a back but continued."I know how it feels....to have someone u love be put into the games at such a young age." he said then looked at me. I knew he was referring to rue.

"I'm sorry about rue." I said. He looked surprised that I knew then looked at Alexandra while she was talking with peeta about being safe.

He shook his head."y are u doing this?" I asked."doing wht?" he asked."being nice to my daughter, helping her talk about things...helping her understand?"I replied.

He was silent then looked down and sighed."I believe she's my second chance to make things right. I want her to make it out of the games as an example for what should've happened with my sister, rue. I saw u help her in the games, become ally's. This is my way of repaying." he explained still looking at the ground.

I was touched but I didn't want him to feel he had to repay me."u don't need to repay me." I said.

"I want to." he said then started training agian. I let my mind wander into questions about Wht he said. I then walked over to my daughter and took her from peeta so we could start training.

Alexandra's pov.

"Wht were u and Jason talking about?" I asked as I pointed out plants to eat from and or use from."nothing" mom said. I just let it go. I know she won't tell me.

"let's star on weapons now." mom said. I walked over to the weapon table and took 3 throwing knives 5 arrows With the bow and a spear.

"hav u thought of allying with jason?" my mom asked as I threw the spear and missed the heart by a couple of inches."ugh!" I yelled."try agian." mom said."this time through with force not balance."

I did as she said and got it right on target. Wait, didn't she ask me a question?"yes I have thought about allying with jason. But he probably dosent want a 12 year old girl." I anwsered.

"that's part of Wht we were talking about. He wants to ally with u and protect u." mom said. I was surprised to hear this but my mother never lies to me.

"r u sure?" I asked, setting the spear down and getting out my bow and arrow and keeping my wrist straight while shooting a perfect shot."very sure." my mom replied." go for it."

I nodded then made my way towards Jason."umm, Jason Can I talk with u?" I asked."sure......" he replied...........