8

Kaibee Joshua coleman

"Alrighty then!" Ms. Jones claps her hands together "You all did an amazing on your projects. And I must admit I'm proud you all got it done in such a short amount of time" she claps and the class joins in with her.

"With that being said I think it's only fair that on the first day back we have a pizza part- Gco" the class stands up and claps excitedly. I can't help but laugh.

"settle down, settle down"

"can we bring food too Ms, Jones?" a gal asked out loud.

" absolutely! " just in time the bell rings and the kids are scrambling out the class. Laughter fills the hallways quickly. "oh thank you Jesus" Ms. Jones puts her hand over her heart pretending to cry.

"over dramatic" I shake my head putting my hand on my hip. Davion picks up his backpack and sits at my desk." let's get started shall we? "I ask with a small smile.

"you know your really pretty ms. Kaibee" davion puts his hand on top of mine. I quickly move my hand, he doing a little to much.

"Davion don't do that. I can get in a lot of trouble. And so can you little Bwoy" I mean mug him.

"that's right, don't touch her like that" Ms. Jones points her pencil at him from across the room.

"my bad. My bad" he sighs. He picks up the assignment and taps his pencil on it.

"let's start with question number one."

We got done with the assignment in a few minutes. It felt like time went by fast because we were working hard.

Killa called about eight times. He knows im suppose to be off work by now.

"He's gonna kill mi" I Whisper to myself.

"What was that?" Davion looks up from his phone. "oh nothing......... But everything looks good go turn it in" I move from my desk. I'm so ready to get outa here.

Davion hands his paper to Ms. Jones who patiently waited for us to be done with tutoring. I was putting on my purse getting ready to leave when I stumbled back because Davion slid in front of me "What are you you doing?" I kinda yell at him. I swear he is getting on my last nerves. I have alot of stuff on my plate and he isn't making my life no better.

"My favorite uncle is coming to pick me up actually."

"Okayyyy that's no excuse for - "
I was interrupted by a voice I recognized. This voice was drilled into my head. This voice was deep this voice was cruel. This voice was evil and uncaring of others feelings.

"Knock. knock." he said tapping the door frame twice. Those simple words brought tears to my eyes. Now, I know I said, I was strong but this man hurt me in ways I don't want to put in words.

I stared at him with tears filling my eyes. I blinked over and over then looked at Ms. Jones who stood looking at me with a worried expression. I then looked at Davion who had a smirk on his face.

"Aww look, she happy to see you dawg" Davion smiles big thinking that he is bringing a loving couple back together.

"It appears so" the man I hate takes a few steps inside the class room. A smile. A smile I can't seem to forget is spread across his face. I take long uneasy steps towards Ms. Jones until I'm standing side by side with her.

I was panicky. It's unnatural to become so hot with anger in such a short amount of time!

"Um excuse me, who are you again?" Ms. Jones looks the man up and down. His name was coming and I didn't want to hear it. The name that made me cry every day once upon a time. The name that took a piece of me away without caring.