Chapter 4: Run-In's Dead End

It was an oddly pleasant Tuesday afternoon. Work was actually running smoothly, everyone was in a good mood, and surprisingly, so was I. I didn't even understand why I felt good. The air I was breathing felt cleaner , more crisp and refined. The dress shoes I had on today we're more comfortable. Hell. I even admit that I was prancing around the workplace in an upbeat swag.

"Heeeeyyyyyy there Raymundo! How's work so far buddy!?" of course coming from the most eccentric and zealous worker there , Danny exclaimed in a softer tone then usual.

"Ayee Danny." I smiled greeting back. This time, he wasn't such an annoyance. I kind of felt glad we ran in to each other. We haven't really seen each other all day cause of today's workload. "...work is done, guess I can pretty much take the rest of the day easy. Maybe just focus on run-in's"

"Run-in's only eh? That's super duper!! You deserve a breather Ray Man!!!" he was overjoyed about my accomplishment before the work hours deadline. While observing his emotional expression, I noticed he was wearing the usual nerdy clothes as always. But this time wearing a sweater vest with printed deers all over. Yeah, what he had on was pretty " fly".

"Well thanks! Look, I'm gonna go grab a coffee, you can tag along if you'd like." I said this is a nice tone. Yeah , I know it seems out of place of me to be nice to this kid. But today was going really well. Nothing seemed to stop it, so why the hell not? The guy deserves a break from my bitter remarks.

"No Way! DID I DIE AND COME BACK ALIVE ON ANOTHER DIMENSION?! The Raysterboy.. NICE TO ME? OH MY GA-"

"Ok. Don't get carried away now, before I change my mind..."

Danny's eyes lit up as if he beat the last level to some video game, or he won the tournament for Dungeons and Dragons. Yeah, he looks like those types of people.

"Right! Right! My bad! Let's go!" he rushed pushing his unfinished paperwork aside and got out his cubicle to walk up beside me. He was around 2 - 3 inches shorter then me. This was the first time I could tell since I never ever got this near to the kid.

So as we conversed ( mostly leaded by his ideas and opinions) we were approaching the new onten's cubicle. Right when we reach about 2 feet away I can feel this sickening smell radiating from the cubicle. A smell of something rotting, like a corpse.

"Holy Cow on old McDonald's farm! Wha-" Danny, being the tacky idiot he is, shouted way too loud , but luckily I hushed him quickly

"Really, dude really? Really? Old McDona- really?Hush!" I whispered loudly a bit bothered by his lack of common sense. We both crouched down and positioned ourselves just barely over the brim of cubicle to peek at what was going on.

What I saw....was straight out of some fucked up horror movie.

This new intern had a chicken on a laid out napkin resting on her desk. The head was slit open, blood was stained all over the place, and she kept squeezing the neck to drain more blood into her hand for her to then slurp quietly.

What the fuck is going on? Is all I can think of.

She kept chanting in a whisper, gibberish, maybe of some foreign language. I can feel the vibes radiating off of her. It was a dark depressing yet intimidating, something wasn't right, apart from the obvious.

"....I'm gonna go get the.... " Danny told me in my ear then slipped away almost fainting along the way.

The new intern lifted her head as is she was now alert of our presence, she turned head to look at me. Her face revealed a blood stained jaw, blood spewing from her lips, and her eyes that were completely blacked out. She was possessed.

Then the power went out.

"What the fuck?!?" I thought to myself.

I heard screams and gasps throughout the whole floor. Danny's girls scream could be distinguished from the rest since it was the most feminine one.

I , however remained put and didnt move a muscle. I can hear heavy breathing, adding with this low bass with each pant. It was a menacing sound.

Right in front of me, I can hear more slurping of the blood from the chicken corpse, followed by violent movement within the new intern's cubicle.

Why did I have to pass in front of this bitch's desk? I felt frustrated yet frightened out of my damn mind. There was no recollection of any move I could pull off to get my ass away from here as fast as possible.

Then she began to chant again...

"You all have my baby, You all have my baby, You all have my baby, You all have my baby, YOU ALL HAVE MY BABY YOUALLHAVEMYBABY YOUALLHAVEMYBABYYOUALLHAVEMYBABYYOUALLHAVEMYBABYYLLHVMYBB"

Jesus H. Christ! What is going on?! I thought to myself as I backed away, and farther away in a blindly manner, praying to hit some other's cubicle so I can hide in.

Among the continuous chanting I heard screaming and yelling. The co-workers were confused they didn't know who or what that mean't.

THUD! I bumped my ass into this light carpeted wall. Yes!

Somebody's cubicle!

I managed to touch and feel my way inside the mini office space, and hid next to this fear struck lady. By the tone of her voice I could recall it was Gladys the mail lady. She was in charge of deliveri-

"BARRY WINSFORD THOU ABUSE THE MEEK AND YOUNG WITH ACTS OF COITUS! BRING ME MY BABY!"

The loud and dark voice screeched throughout the entire floor. The bass was so deep , it felt like I was next to some car with an upgraded sound system in it.

"Huh? Wait! That was 2 years ago I didn't mean to! I'm better now! I'm cured! I'm cured!!" the man who I assume was Barry W. was pleading for his life.

I was clueless. He was a rapist? I then heard choking sounds and then bones cracking repeatedly. He was in groaning and shouting his lungs out until the last snap of a bone was heard. That's when Barry's voice was conquered by silence.

HE HAS NOT MY BABY, WHERE IS MY BABY!?

Who has her fucking baby, for a God sakes?! I swear this is ridiculous!

Someone then spoke up. It was a female voice. It sounded familiar, but I couldn't really identify's who it was.

"Get the fuck out you crazy bitch!" after the shout, gunshots were heard. This was really heavy open fire.

THAT'S IT! IT IS DONE! IT IS DONE!

The sound of a huge jet roared out of nowhere, I got up to see the windows, everyone did.

A huge Airbus 343 was yards away. Screams filled the air.