The Return

Carters POV

I was welcomed home with teary eyes and warm hugs although it hurt when my shirt and someone's arm collided with the burns from the cigarette which Mason was furious about. It was a happy reunion, for them at least. I was still in shock of the hell if been through this past couple weeks. " What's today's date?" I remember writing down on a piece of paper Ji and her reply scared me. " July 2nd I think?" I had been gone for 3 or 4 weeks now. That alone sent shivers up my spine.

Mason had a man come in and patch up his men but he insisted no one else touch me but him. After he had his chest wrapped he came into the room I was in and cleaned the burns before wrapping them. " God I was so scared!" His lips moved but that was all I got out of the sentence. Looking up I pointed to my ears telling him I couldn't hear what he was saying which made him frown in anger before returning to the hug from before. I wrapped my much small arms around his lower back and kissed his temple. Despite his demands, if I ever wanted my hearing back I would have to he them checked and have the hearing aids re-sized. I was a little nervous when the doctor looked at them and frowned. The force Leo ripped them out of my ears had obviously blown both my eardrums which were already weak but when Mason sighed in relief I knew it was going to be ok.

  That night I took a well needed bath with Mason, he was like the puppy my father never let me get, always following me around. " I'm ok Mason, I'm not going anywhere." I tried speaking, not actually knowing if the words came out until I earned a reply consisting of a head on the back of my neck. It felt nice to be here with him and finally relax. He kissed the back of my neck making me shiver and his chest beat in a rhythm of a chuckle. Turning around where I sat I wrapped my hands around his neck and smiled. ' I love you' I signed and from the weird look I received I knew he had no clue what I had just did. He pressed his lips to mine and it felt like heaven all over again making me smiled halfway through. I didn't know how far we were going to go due to the fact I could hear a damn word coming out of his mouth! O guess we stopped making put after I fell asleep because I woke up the next morning in a bed with no one beside me.

  I hate waking up alone, even before I met Mason I hated it. My mother use to come in and lay with me everyday before school to wake me up. It's quite comforting. Slowly I got out of the bed and made my way around the room throwing in a shirt and pair of pants, the smell of breakfast wafted even up stairs. As I made my way down the thoughts of going home made their self present in my mind and body. I think I was homesick. When I got into the kitchen everyone was at the table eating. " Buongiorno!" Jiovanni said something foreign the my lip reading knowledge.She got up to hug me, it felt nice to be with the family again. " Good morning ?" I just replied looking around for my friend." Where'd Ryan go?"
" he had to fly back today because his family was going somewhere for the 4th. They invited me but I declined telling them I needed to be here for you and my brother." She smiled whenever she talked about the boy. " so you really like him? Huh." She blushed and yanked me by my hand. " shhhh Muratore might hear you! But I'm y-yea I really do." She grinned up at me and even if I didn't understand half of what she said the goofy grin just said it all. She gave me a weird look and pointed to her ears I just nodded. " I need new ones." She smiled and patted my back before going back to original spot at the table next to Mason who just sat there in all his beautiful glory, even in the morning unshaved and hair all wild. He smiled at me groggily it was cute and a nice change of scenery from the usual straight face. Sitting down on the other side of him he planted a kiss on my head.' Good morning' he signed to me which made me very happy that he was at least tried to learn sign language.

I wasn't hungry so I didn't eat, even against Masons arguing that I need food in my body. I just rolled my eyes and watched out the window at the rolling waves below, I wish I could have heard their roaring. After breakfast Mason tried to explain to me something about doctors and maybe going home? I just watching his pearly whites move in his mouth. " god how can you put up with me." A laugh erupted in my throats and he just smiled and shrugged his shoulders. I just reached up and kissed him on the cheek before making my way back to our room to get dressed to leave.