Hometown

Carters POV

I was in complete panic mode as I scrambled down the stairs and into the kitchen. " hey what wrong?" Ji asked me. " I have to go, I have to go now!" I was putting some shoes on and she was looking at me funnily. " Um where exactly do you think you are going?" She walked over to me and I sighed. " home, and you are coming with." I tossed her some shoes and grabbed one of the many keys that belonged to Mason, but these ones were mine. I grabbed her hand and we dashed out the front door bumping into some of the big guys that stand out front which only made us run fast when they started yelling. We got to the elevator and were impatiently pushing button after button to get down to the parking garage.

Mason's POV

He saw, shit he saw. I looked at my two guys standing at the door. " go find him. NOW!" I was getting inpatient. This pisses me off, none of this would have happened if SHE hadn't sent this guy to kill me! I looked down and my gun and huffed. I plopped down into my chair, rubbing my temples. " Sir the boy and your sister have just left the building." A voice rang through my office." God damnit." I slammed my fists against the table. I straightened my tie and suit. I hit a button on my  stationary phone. " Track them down and find them. Do whatever it takes." I said before leaving.

Carters P.O.V

    I was finally going home. When Ji and I got out into the parking garages I ran to my truck, I turned to look at her. " are you sure you want to do this." I stated in a serious tone. " yea sure why not, I've always wanted to see the country side." She smirked and got in the drivers side. I could not drive in the city for shit so I told Ji she could drive, that and I wasn't in an emotional state to be driving. I was finally trusting him. I thought we were similar in some ways, but he killed someone right in front of my eyes! I'm confused, scared that he would maybe do the same to me if I upset him.

  About 45 minutes into the drive I decided to put my seat back and try to get some shut eye but not even 30 minutes later Jiovanni pulled into a gas station. " it needs some gas." She said getting out. " no I'll get it, you just side into the passenger side. I'll drive the rest of the way." She just nodded and slid over. I walked into the gas station after I filled up and grabbed some snacks, we had just had breakfast not even two hours ago but I was so hungry.

  By the time we were 15 minutes away I pulled out my phone and called Ry. He's my bestfriend .
"Ry"
"Dude where the hell have you been? We've been worried sick!"
" I'll explain everything when we get to your house."
"We?"
"Yes we, leave the front door opened, we are almost there."
" wait dude how can you hear me?"
" new aids." I said before hanging up

When we finally got to Rys' house he was standing on the front porch waiting for us. " dude it's been too long!" He yelled which made me want to turn the volume dial down on my hearing aids. " hey Ry." I gave him a hug an he stared at Jiovanni. " dude who's the hot chick? Your girl." He whispered. I just chuckled at the irony. " no she's just a really good friend. Ji this is Ryan, Ry this is Jiovanni Bruno. Jiovanni stuck out her little hand to shake his, a blush spread across her face. " Nice to meet you." She mumbled to him and he chuckled.
   When we finally got settled in and said hi to his parents we were all huddled in Ryan's room explaining our situation. " so you saw him kill someone?" I nodded my head and Ji sighed. " I can't believe he did this again!" We both looked at her shocked. " what do you mean again?" I said in a cold tone. " there was probably a good reason for it, the man that came in earlier was a henchman of the " Scarlet Rose" as everyone calls her. He probably tried to kill  Muratore."
" Scarlet Rose?" I was so confused her face turned from one of confidence to one of those ' I-Fucked-Up.'
" Oh just this lady my brother had a thing for a while back but then he found someone else I think he really likes now." She smiled at me and I blushed hoping Ry didn't see her reference me. " anyway she became obsessive a couple years back and has sent multiple people to try and kill him. It's not the first time." She let out an awkward laugh. " excuse us for a second Ry , Ji and I need to have a little chat." I said getting up and dragging Jiovanni with me out the door and to the bathroom.