In the Beginning

Silence. That's all I've heard the last 10 years of my life. One day when I woke up I had this horrible pain in my ears and head, I couldn't hear the birds or the cars so I panicked. I screamed and soon my mother and father were at my bedside, she was saying something to me but I couldn't hear, it terrified me and from the looks of it, them too. The doctors did some tests on me and said I had lost most of my hearing forever, I had been severely sick for the past 2 weeks and this was my second time in at the docs. A couple days later I got my hearing aids and was aloud to go back to school, when I got there the kids looked at me funny and my teachers just gave me sympathetic looks. I could understand why because my school was in the middle of nowhere in a town called Waltonsville, they usually don't have " special cases" but I never thought I was special . I never liked pity, it was something they gave me when they saw me. It made me feel weak so I just went about my day like I normally did.I got use to it after a while and so did everyone else.
4 years later I got really sick again and my mother went to get me my medicine and on the way by she was hit by a drunk semi driver. My father hated me since, he blames me more than the driver. I stopped wearing the hearing aids after the incident.That was around the time I started playing travel baseball, I had been playing since I could hold a bat now I'm 12 and I was on a very good team from the next town over. Although I couldn't hear a thing unless it was directly in my ear I had promised my dad not to let the coaches find out about the issue at hand. Hand, I always rely on hand signals now because it's easier to read. Baseball is and was my only safe haven and even the few times my father has come to watch me over these past years I see him become proud of me, even if it's for a quick second he is still proud of me. No matter what he says or what he does I will still love him. Forever.

5 years later

It's the bottom of the 9th and the score is 7 - 9 and I'm up to bat next, being one of the only lefties and the only deaf person on the team makes everything harder on me but I have to suck it up I guess. My high school even though it's located in the middle of nowhere is state champs in boys basketball and baseball 4 years running. I'm up, I getting in my batting stance and wait, sweat dripping from my face. First one goes by me, strike. It's ok I've always took the first pitch and never swung at it, I look to my coach as he signals me, he touched the tip of his hat then rubs his ear and arm. It's a hit into the " black hole " as we call it, pretty much between players, gives me and the other runners enough time to get where we need.

We won! I got out at 3rd though which is really gonna piss the old man off. I grab my stuff and head off the bus with my best friend Ryan or Ry as we call him, he knows what's gonna happen when I get home and he gives me a pat on the back " hey you did great" he said but I could only read his lips, did I mention I am really good at reading lips? I smile at him and give a nervous laugh. " yea" I said, just then there is a thud and a ball roll and hit my heel, I turned to see a freshmen had dumped the ball bucket and some sophomores yelling at him, I walked other to them and got a little stern ." How about instead of yelling at him like idiots help him pick them up" I knelt down and started picking the balls up with him. I've never been one to be hard on the lower classmen I've been there and I know how the pressure feels so I don't want to add to it, I just hope they look up to me. I smile and pat the kids head " hey I did this once when I was your age, fell flat on my face ad gave myself a black eye and a bloody nose. Just be careful kid." I smiled and walked over to my truck where no one waited for me, unlike everyone else who's girlfriends or parents were here to welcome them I didn't have anyone, girls don't like me, it's not that I don't have the looks or the athletics it's just that it's too hard to keep up with a deaf boyfriend and when my father does come to games he doesn't pick me up that's why he bought me this beauty so he could further himself away from me. Like he always does.

Hello my little Lovelies. I know most people don't read this part so I'll make it quick. Tell me if this is good, i have 6 chapters so far and I want to know if I should continue so I would love it if you guys commented and told me your thoughts! Thanks and love you all ;)