His Home Away from Home

Mason's POV

After overhearing Carter I decided to take measures into my own hands, I burst through the door and undressed. Getting in I made sure I didn't get my shoulder wet. " you scared the shit out of me! Why aren't you resting? You can't get your stitches wet!" He just kept rambling on as I sat across from him, a smirk planted on my face." Stop talking." I chuckled and he shut his mouth. " anyways I'm not tired, and I've been thinking." His head perked up. " have you ever been to Italy?" He looked at me as if I was stupid or something. " of course not?! Unlike some, my father doesn't have that kind of money. And other reasons." His expression saddened. I placed my hand on his knee and rubbed back and forth. " so what do you think?" He looked up to me. " about what?"
" going to Italy? With me? For part of the Summer?" I left him in shock. " well I I um, what about baseball? And your work? I mean I don't want you to spend your money and time on me!" I chuckled at his rambling, he's cute. " I can bring work along and there is baseball in Italy. Well I think." He giggled a little at my last statement. " what about Ji?" Shit I forgot. " I'll ask her later, but I need to tell nonna and nonno ." I pulled myself out of the tub and put a towel around my waists. " you've been in there for quite some time. Come on." I held my hand out to him.

Carter's POV

He held his hand out to me and I took it as he hoisted me out of the water like I was nothing." You need to eat more, your waist is too small."  He grabbed my waist and I blushed. " sorry I don't have rippling abs like yours." I poked his stomach and he kissed my cheek. He still hasn't said he liked me, even if we did have sex. But hey sometimes people do that. Maybe I'm just suppose to expect him to like me.

We walked back to the bed and crawled in. Mason fell asleep quickly after, I wanted to go out so I wrote a quick note to him and kissed his nose gently. " you may not need me but I need you." I whispered and got changed. A v neck, some jeans and the pair of Sperrys that Ji made me get. I walked down the stairs to find Jiovanni watching tv. " I want to go out." I plopped down besides her and she rests her head on my shoulder. " where do you want to go." ? She asked but she wouldn't year her eyes from the screen. " I don't care? Maybe downtown or something?" She nodded her head." But after this episode!" She giggled ad I kicked my feet up. " did you tell Muratore?" I nodded at told her about the note and she turned the tv off and got up. " I'll go get dressed so wait here."

Ji decided to take me to one of her favorite coffee shops downtown and we had coffee and biscuits even if it was Summer. " one sec I'll go get another cup for you." I said standing up and walking to the counter to order when a familiar voice whispered in my ears. " hello mini me, i thin you should come with me." It was her, the one who sent the men. " and if I say no?" She chuckled . " I wouldn't if I were you, unless you want to see little sister die." Shit,I turned around and went towards the back of the shop she followed, I pulled my phone out and sent a quick text to Ji that I was fine and she could go home, I wanted to be alone. We were soon in a rather large car and Albina sat across from me. " so mini me we need to chat." She crossed her legs and I clenched my fists. " why did you send those men after Mason." She gave me a strange look. " what men? What are you talking about?"she furrowed her eyebrows and my stomach drop. " The ones to ransacked the house! The ones who shot Mason multiple times! The ones who stained the walls and carpets making the poor maids clean more that they should!" I was getting worked up now. " listen to me Carter. Those weren't my men. The only men I have with me are my 3 most trusted men. The rest are back in Russia." All the color drained from my face and my heart beat too fast for my body. " There is someone who absolutely hates Mason and it isn't my place to say who but I think it might be him. He has found out that you are in the picture now that person is not happy. You need to worn Mason." She sounded stern and serious and it scared me. " I will." Was all I could say.