Chapter 47: Nearing the Apocalyptic Ending

Art had invited us along for a trip across town. He expressed to Andy that it was just as opportunity for him to explore the town, and get rid of pre-show jitters. But I knew all too well what Art's real intentions were. I knew that this was the day that Andy would learn about my past.

"It's a really nice day, you think?" Art says, parking the car outside the Glendale Galleria--a shopping mall close to the LAX airport.

I nudge him from the passenger seat. I whisper through gritted teeth, "Quit trying to butter him up."

Art just tosses my words aside. He steps out, turning off the rental car. As I step out, he locks it.

We trot into the mall. I had a fedora on and Andy had a beanie. He was clearly not trying to hide his identity like I was. That hard-headed little shit really hadn't learned anything, had he?

Upon entrance into the mall, I was immediately impressed. It had a bit of everything, ranging from Michael Kors, Coach, BOSS, and Nordstrom, all the way to JCPenney, Target, Charlotte Russe, Hot Topic, and Forever 21. It has something for everyone.

Andy wasn't very gleeful. He really didn't even want to be out in public. When I tried cheering him up this morning, he just eyed me with a sour expression. As of right now, walking into the mall, he looks unhealthy, almost. Maybe this wasn't such a great idea...

"Wanna stop to get lunch first?" Art asks, looking over at me, smiling.

I say in response, "Yeah, that sounds cool!" I tried to be amusing, trying to arouse Andy in any way possible.

He looks up at us. "Okay..."

We head around the entire mall, peeking around and looking for any type of restaurant.

There were many silent, teenage girl squeals around us. I also could swear I saw a couple of camera lights flashing, but maybe it was just paranoia or my own imagination.

Eventually, we settled down at an In-N-Out Burger just outside the mall's main grounds. Getting a table was simple...but then came the horrifying part...

This was where I was to tell Andy of my past.

"Listen, Andy," Art says, munching down on a piece of complimentary bread, "Lethia has to tell you something." His eyes shift over to me, telling me to carry onward.

I take a look at his pretty face, awing at his beauty. I nod, messing with my fingers held underneath the table. "My daddy was a horrible man..."

____________________________________________________

It was the evening. It was dusk. It was the time of day where you weren't sure whether to be relaxed or on your guard. It was only 20 minutes from showtime, and TSOSM was already saying their goodbyes.

It was horrible, it really was. We all just knew that today was going to be the absolute end of our careers on this show.

We were all crowded on the dressing room; all the boys weren't even joking around like normal. Everything seemed silent and unresponsive. Andy, however, was sweetly caressing me every chance he got. Since the morning hours, he had livened up. This was probably only due to him trying to make me at least feel better about probably losing the show. I'm not even sure what his plans are for us.

"Lethia, can I speak to you in private?" Andy asks me, just in time before I start going crazy from the amount of saddened faces I've seen in one night.

I gladly agree. "Sure."

We excused ourselves, making our way down the narrow hall to Andy's dressing room. It really wasn't that long of a walk, but it sure seemed that way with cameramen and setup crews charging past us like a raging wildfire.