Chapter 20: Blooming Death

I put on my thick eyeliner and finished with a final coat of mascara. I looked in the mirror, not smiling. I didn't know what to feel anymore.

After that kiss, I felt a dip. I did feel really good, at the moment. But performing I felt his touch slip away - Andy's. He didn't kiss, hug, or even touch me. It was like his vanilla scent was a disease and he was afraid. Afraid of infecting me.

When we went to the hotel later, he hugged me once and told me goodnight. And then he walked away. He went to his room and I went to my band's. He slept alone. I slept with Cadell.

I forced a smile on my face and walked out of the bathroom. Astaroth saw me and faintly smiled back. I don't think either of us really meant it.

Frey ran into the bathroom, screaming, "Finally!" and shut the door to his silent moaning.

I walked away, rubbing my lips together. I trotted to the bed and unplugged my phone from the charger I owned. I traced my thumb down my home screen, looking at the many texts I received over the night.

Belle had text me at around three last night. Simply greeting me with a "Hello."

CC and I had a whole conversation about stupid things. I fell asleep on him and I see the texts saying, "Oh, you fell asleep didn't you?" and "Well, goodnight, love. <3"

CC was a really nice guy. And he really liked bagels. So that was a plus.

Cadell appears, suddenly, grabbing the car keys. "Ready?"

Kane finishes the last bite of his cereal and stands, dusting off his skinnies. "Yup."

Frey struts out of the bathroom, putting on his studded belt. "Leggo," he says like he's ghetto.

In the dark corner, lays Astaroth. His hair is pushed behind his ear, exposing his brown eyes. He has his head nuzzled in his notebook and a pen in his hand. Mysterious. He is nothing but oblivious of his surroundings. Oblivion.

He looks up from his notes he's created and nods. Astaroth was intent and lay imbedded in his own ashes. In his former self.

He rises and steps out the door behind Cadell. Frey and Kane walk out together and Kane stops at the door, holding it open for me.

I sigh and put my phone in my pocket. I walk out the door while in my Message app. I looked up CC in my contacts as I walked down the hall. I began to text. "Hey, after the rehearsal you wanna grab a bite to eat?" I locked my phone and continued to think while we stepped into the elevator.

Cadell talked to Astaroth about how playing Lost it All was going to be amazing.

I unlocked my phone again and went back to the text. I began to type, "Just me and you."

____________________________________________________

I walk in the room and Andy is playing with the stereo. He's hitting it and adjusting the knobs to make the sound pure. But the music was very scratchy and static.

Andy sighed and looked up at me. He barely smiled when he saw me. "I think it's broken."

I swallow my harsh comments about yesterday. "Yeah," is all I say.

Andy sits on the floor and curls his lips. He bites then with his teeth as he thought silently. "We can't practice." He looks at me intently and scratches the back of his head.

I inch closer to him. I just wanted to smell his vanilla, one more time.

My eyes search and scan his body. My lips begin to feel his own again. Cold and dark. They hadn't been kissed in a long time.