Chapter 5

So as you can tell I really don't have much author's notes in here. Anyways so the reason why I have this is because some chapters may be rough because the way Aladdin works, I kinda have trouble with how to write it so HEADS UP! Anyway, after this book is done I am going to have a vote on what movie you want to see the HTTYD cast play next. 

Two things, if you are wondering why I wrote this book and not my others is because I'm weary. Especially with the Episodes! Explain later when the book is done. 

At another victory, Astrid cracked open the melon and shared half with her partner in crime. Stealing to survive had always given them a rush of thrills, the victory sweet as they outthink their opponent for some food. The two eat proudly after their victory, the taste of melon sweet on their tongues.

Down on the sandy trails was Hiccup who heads into the cluster of shops, his hair still trying to escape the hood. People at the setup shops that Hiccup had to pass, was shown items, their desperate cries in hope for money.

"Handsome man, buy a pot. No finer pot in brass or silver."

"Sugar dates, sugar dates, and figs! Sugar dates and pistachios!"

"Would the boy like a ring. A beautiful ring for a beautiful man." Hiccup laughs softly and is charmed by the people. Why would Stoick keep his son from all of this? Hiccup knew it was to earn money, but this was his future place to lead, he needed to know what went on outside the walls. 

The moment is ruined by a fish thrusted into his face. The stench giving him a small headache, oh, the sight of the fish was unpleasing. Even the smell, the fish had unappealing smells after you pulled them from the ocean and let them rot as they die. Hiccup always disliked the sight of dead fish, even feeding Toothless was a moment that Hiccup cringed. 

"Fresh fish! We catch 'em, you buy 'em!"

"I don't think so," Hiccup says kindly. He backed up, hoping to avoid the fish, as he backed away from the man, he was too distracted by the dead fish that was staring at him somehow that he didn't realize someone stood behind him. A fire eater who was distracted by his job had ot realized Hiccup before they made contact and the man jumped, startled into swallowing the flames.

"Oh um, excuse me." He gulps, then belches a small flame which causes Hiccup to jump back as the hood falls from his head, releasing his hair. The man is pleased and taps his stomach after the terrible feeling finally becomes relief, not caring on who had actually bumped into him to cause that fiasco. Astrid who was watching the sight from above sees the boy, his auburn hair that was wild and silky becoming a feature that couldn't be missed. 

"I'm really very sorry."

Astrid had fallen in love at the first sight of him. Her smile reaching her eyes as she softly mumbled the word: "Wow!" Her mind falling into an abyss as she watched the young man cover his head back up with the hood and looked around at his surroundings with a smile. Stormfly tilts her head in confusion before stepping in front her human friend and waving her spiked tail, trying to catch Astrid's attention, yet she wouldn't snap out of her daze. 

Hiccup continues on his journey through the market, his feet stopping him at the fruit stand. Suddenly Hiccup's heart breaks as he notices a young homeless child reaching for an apple, his hunger was noticeable and it hurt Hiccup. This was outside the palace? Kids starving and had the lack of shelter and normal clothes. Why hasn't no one fixed the issue? Yeah, they weren't an exactly rich town, after all, they lived in the middle of nowhere and it was every man for himself but still, it was unfair at times. He was definitely going to do something about it when he becomes king. 

Hiccup smiles and picks up the apple that the kid was trying to reach with his small fingers. If Hiccup didn't do anything, who would he be? He couldn't be like everyone else and walk past the boy without help. He handed the kid the apple with a smile.

"Oh, you must be hungry. Here you go." Hiccup says sweetly, the kid smiles and runs off with the red apple tightly gripped in his hands.

Of course, Hiccup didn't get off easy, he really didn't understand this place after how long he spent his life in a building and people shopping for him.

"You'd better be able to pay for that." The proprietor said with a hint of anger running through his voice.

"Pay?"

"No one steals from my cart!"

"Oh, I'm sorry sir. I don't have any money."

"Thief!"

"Please, if you let me go to the palace, I can get some from the Sultan."

"Do you know what the penalty is for stealing?" Hiccup made as if he was responding with: "no clearly not."

The man wraps a tight grip around Hiccup's wrist. The proprietor holds his hand down on the table before pulling out a large butcher knife, intending to chop off his limb. Which the Haddock wasn't looking forward to losing another after a freak accident in the castle when his village was at war.

"No, no please!" Hiccup said, his struggling picking up quickly. The knife drops, but the large hand is forced to a stop by Astrid's small hand. She was glad that running was paying off, she had more muscle than she attempted to, but who could argue.

"Thank you, kind sir. I'm so glad you've found him. I've been looking all over for you." Astrid lies as she pushes the boy away.

"What are you doing?" He whispers.

"Just play along."

"You know this boy?"

"Sadly, yes. He is my brother. He's a little crazy." Astrid circles her finger, making it seem as if Hiccup was someone who lacked intelligence. Hiccup is shocked by the statement. He was smarter than his own father and that was saying something, obviously, she didn't know who he was, no one in the village did if he thought about it. His father has done a good job keeping his identity hidden. The thing that shook him from his thoughts was the Proprietor who had a nice hold on the collar of Astrid's rag dress.

"He said he knows the Sultan!"

"He thinks the Deadly Nadder is the Sultan."

Stormfly who was using her snout to pick a pocket of a bystander lifted her head at the statement before straightening up. Despite how much Hiccup hated this plan, it'd save his life if he played along, sadly. Hiccup kneels awkwardly and bows to the Deadly Nadder who stands proud, enjoying the moment.

"Oh, wise Sultan. How may I serve you?" Even though Stormfly was a girl, Hiccup knew the storekeeper didn't quite understand the difference between gender in a dragon. He seemed dumb just by the look of it. 

Stormfly roars in response, patting his head with her tail. Luckily her spikes were closed in.

"Tragic, isn't it?" Astrid says, using the distraction to lean forward and picking up another Apple with her foot. "But, no harm done." Astrid heads to Hiccup and pulls him away from the cart. "Now come along brother. Time to see the doctor."

They stopped in front of a dragon nearby, a Monstrous Nightmare to be exact.

"Oh, hello doctor. How are you?" Hiccup says, his smirk clear as day as he tries to keep a straight face.

"No, no, no. Not that one." Astrid giggles and looks at Stormfly, whose wings were bulging with items she tried to hide. "Come on, Sultan." Stormfly bows her head to the crowd acting as if she is saying goodbye to her townsfolks. Yet, everything the dragon had tucked under her wings had fallen out in the open. The proprietor noticed a few apples from his stand and some gold coins.

"Huh? What is it?" Stormfly tried to gather as much as she could carry, some apples were stuck in her talons and one in her mouth as she flew off with the two. "Come back here, you little thieves!"