Chapter 8

Hiccup didn't know what to think. His heart had shattered into many pieces each time that the word death had echoed in his head. The girl that understood him, that lived his dream...well his dream of freedom, was killed because Heather had to assume that Hiccup was kidnapped. The girl that he wanted to marry was killed because of Heather, another great reason why Hiccup had hate for that woman. She always ruined Hiccup's happiness no matter what the cause was, like when Valka had passed away, Heather acted like it was another day, like Valka never existed. Really, Hiccup didn't understand why his father had put so much trust in a woman who couldn't even figure out how to pay with their gold. She was more idiotic than she let on. 

Stuck in his thoughts, Hiccup didn't even notice Stoick pushing open his bedroom door and walking solemnly towards his only child. Stoick noticed the tense form of Hiccup and sighed, something was wrong and Stoick didn't like when is son was hurt, even if it was just feelings. The Chief noticed Toothless who nudged Hiccup with wide green eyes, cooing at the feeling of discomfort from his rider. 

"Hiccup? Son." Stoick called out gently. Hiccup looked at his father, his green eyes were dull and broken which made Stoick frown, what ever was bothing his son, he would fix, even if it was someone. No one in their right mind would hurt Hiccup like this, he was a sweet boy, in fact he'd never seen Hiccup look so upset before and he did not like it one bit. 

Hiccup kept quiet, his eyes peeling off from his father. "What's wrong?" Hiccup kept his mouth shut and laid on his bed, a small toy dragon laying in Hiccup's arms. "Hiccup." Stoick started again. 

"It's Heather, her and her stupid self." Hiccup muttered, looking everywhere but his father. 

"What did Heather do?"

"Something that isn't her job." Stoick knew his son had hatred for her, so this could go both ways, either Heather had said something to Hiccup and pissed him off, or it was serious and Hiccup never was like this if anyone said anything rude to him. 

"Alright, lets hear it." Stoick said and took a seat beside his son. Hiccup looked up at his father and tried to give a smile but the chief was too smart to realize it was fake. This was going to be a long talk.

In the empty stomach of the cave of the Red Death was Astrid, her limp body laying on Carpet who protected Astrid from the harsh ground. Stormfly walks over to her friend and gives a little whine before dragging her tongue over Astrid's cheek, waking her quickly. Carpet slowly rises as Astrid opens her eyes, her groan echoing around the lonely cave. 

"Oh, my head." She mumbles and gives her temple a slight rub before taking a glance up above her, the entrance sealed, trapping the trio. "That two faced son-of-a--" Carpet quickly covered her mouth with the tussle. Astrid gave an apologetic look before her mouth was released. "Whoever she was, she's long gone with that lamp." Stormfly growls before pulling out the lamp with her tail that was hidden beneath her wings. 

Astrid chuckles and grabs the lamp gently from the grip of Stormfly's tail. "Why, you scaly little thief! Taking after me," Astrid jokes. "Looks like such a beat-up, worthless piece of junk." Astrid inspects the item carefully. "Hey, I think there's something written here, but it's hard to make out." She rubbed the lamp hoping to remove the grime and dust from the aging lamp. Before the street rat could blink, smoke pours out from the hole like warm yak milk pouring sweetly into a cup. Astrid had to tighten her grip on the lamp as it began to violently shake, almost like it wanted to escape the hands it was laying in. 

The lamp glows, lighting the cave covered in darkness before a large man escapes from the lamp. His blonde hair was designed with dreads, a helmet was placed sloppily on his head before he fixed it and stretched. "Whew! This feels good." He says, his loud voice echoing. "OY! Ten-thousand years will give ya such a crick in the neck!" Tuffnut looks at the miniature human beneath him and smiled before hanging her on a nearby rock. After placing her in his view he pulls off his head, causing Astrid to gag as the genie spins it around, yelling as he does so.