Chapter 15

"You know what I just realized?" I whisper.

"What?" Harry scoots a bit closer to me. 

"When I was in the bathroom on the boat, I thought it was Will who was on the other side of the door. Cause everything was frozen, you know? But you came bursting into the room and... I don't think anything was frozen anymore, was it?" I tap my fingers on the floor.

"No, it wasn't. Everything was just fine." Harry shakes his head. 

"Do you think..." I begin to speak, "Niall and Paul are here." Louis stands to greet them. 

"Welcome to the underworld." Louis jokes. 

"Oh hush we aren't in the underworld." I huff. 

"Well he's not far off." Cici appears from the dark. Her words making the hairs on the back of my neck stand.

"Come on, councils waiting." she takes Niall's hand and I can tell he was caught off guard. 

His face turns a bright pink and he turns back smiling at Harry who gives him a thumbs up and voiceless chant. 

I giggle at their manly input and take Harry's hand, following Cici and Niall down the dimly illuminated hall. 

"It's so beautiful here." I run my hand over the black rocks of the cave. 

We reach a dead end, a black wall standing in our way. 

"Uh wrong cave, maybe?" Niall scratches his head. 

"Right cave." Cici lets go of his hand, putting both of hers on the wall, shutting her eyes tight. 

Some sort of clicking noise escapes her throat but comes from her mouth. 

The wall begins to come down, revealing what seems like pure serenity and bliss.

I've seen this before too. 

A huge pond glowing blue with dark rocks glistening from the waterfall adorning the pond looks like something out of a movie. The ceiling is the open night sky, millions of stars twinkling rapidly.

"I've been here, I know I have. " Harry's mouth gaped open, looking around the area fascinated. I don't blame him, it's so spectacular here, like a dream. All too familiar, like he said, I've definitely been here before. 

"Head Quarters. Of course you remember it. You were born right here." Cici points to a huge shell with what looks like fluffy white and light pink pillow all in it. 

"I was born in Redditch." Harry corrects her. 

"I was born in Miami," I correct her as well, "8:01 pm, November 8th. There are pictures of Karen and dad holding me and everything."

"I'll explain later." she drops her stare, gesturing us to stand at the edge of the pond. 

"Put your feet in, it's warm." she smiles, taking off her sandals and dipping her feet into the clear water. Now that I'm closer, I can see that the bottom of the pond has what looks like crystals, with little plants growing in between them. 

"They should be here any second." Cici splashes the water lightly with her toes. 

"Who's they?" I turn my head to her.

She smiles and claps her hands giddily and that weird noise from her throat comes out again. 

"What's that noise!" Louis yells. 

"Something that can only be taught by mermaids." she grins. 

"Mermaids? Like tails and red hair?" El sits next to Louis, sounding a bit more enthusiastic than he did a few seconds ago.