Chapter 10

"Brooklyn, it's..." the woman says.

"I know damn well who it is, how the hell did you get this number?" I snarl.

"I miss you, I want to see you. Please baby girl come home please."

"How dare you?" I scoff.

"Dare me what?" she has the nerve to ask.

"You're pathetic. How'd you even know I was here?"

"My only daughter's face is all over the news and internet, you didn't think I was going to find out?"

"Don't call me that. I am not your daughter. I could not possibly be related to such a small minded human like you. Mommy? Is that what you want me to call you? Because you were never a mother to me."

There's a silence for a couple of seconds.

"I'm sorry." her voice is small.

"Sorry doesn't cut it." I almost want to cry but I'm so tired of crying.

"Have lunch with me, please. Just me and you. I've changed, I promise I have. I..." her voice cracks, "I love you and I know I was never there for you but I'm here now."

"I don't need you now. I needed you then. And lies, you lied to me Karen !" My voice comes out much larger than intended.

Harry turns the corner, "You ok?" I nod and smile, reassuring him.

"Go back with Cici, I'm almost done here babe."

"Was that Harry?" her voice perks up.

"Why do you care?" I snap.

"I just, I don't know. I hear you two are pretty happy together, wanted to meet the boy who makes my girl happy."

Her words disgust me.

"You will never get near Harry and I, ever. Do you understand?"

"I'm bad finacially again, Brooklyn." she states blandly. My mouth falls open at her words.

"I knew it. I knew you hadn't changed, you don't care about me, you care that my boyfriend has money," all of a sudden, it all makes sense, a sudden wave of realization hits me, "holy shit. You never cared. You only kept me around because you knew I was going to end up with him one day."

"What?" her voice small again.

"Cici told me everything. Harry and I, we know it all now. You kept it from me all these years. You made sure I never found out about Will or grandmas mother so that I would run away to England, you pushed me. Any little chance of happiness I ever had, you had to destroy." thats it, the tears come pouring back down again.

"I..." she begins to speak but I cut her off, "No. There's nothing left for you to say, I'm done with this conversation. Don't call me ever again."

I slam my cell phone on the counter, walking back into the room.

"You alright, babe?" Harry stands from the couch, hugging me tight.

I try to hold in the tears again but the second my head meets Harry's chest, they pour out again.

"It's her mother." Cici stands.

"She called, didn't she?" she questions.

"She knew that I'd end up with Harry one day. That's why she kept me around for so long. She hasn't spoken to me in 3 years and the only thing she asked me was for money." I cry even harder.

"She knew you and Harry were destined, I wasn't going to bring up your mother today. Brooklyn I'm so sorry. I'll give you two a minute."

"She is not my mother." I speak harshly.