38

<><><><><><>

'Was, but she's always been one of us

'Was, but she's always been one of us.'

'And family don't turn their backs on each other.'

<><><><><><>

Blake Toretto had just gotten off the phone to Rosa and sat down when Tej's phone rang, Hobbs on the other end. She flicked through the magazine that was sitting beside her with no interest in the content as she listened in to the conversation, though to everyone else she just looked bored. The last run in with Shaw had set her a little on edge, and her suspicions about Riley had become worse. Yesterday, the rookie had pointed out exactly where Shaw's hideout had once been, only to find it had been completely emptied out; leaving Riley with a smug look in her eye.

'Yeah, that paint you got from Shaw's place is highly specialised. Anti-thermal low-IR coating,' Tej informed.

'Military,' Dom finished.

'Exactly. We got a list of bases around Europe that use this paint type and those specific colours.'

'All right, let's cross-reference that with all of Shaw's military targets. I guaran-damn-tee you one of them is gonna match.'

Tej clicked on some things on his computer before a look of recognition crossed his face, 'Bingo. It's a NATO base in Spain.'

'That puts Shaw in a different country. That means he's got an eight-hour lead on us,' Dom informed.

'We gotta move now,' Hobbs instructed; 'Tej, give me that info. Riley and I will go ahead and we're going to lock down the base. We're going to protect that component personally. Toretto, I'll arrange transportation for you and your cars. You brush up on your Spanish, boys. I'll see you en Espana.'

The line went dead quickly after Hobbs spoke, leaving the room in silence as everyone began packing their stuff and cleaning out their cars. Blake was excited to go to Spain, she loved everything about it, especially the language. She threw her clothing in her large duffel bag, before zipping it up and placing it over her shoulder as she walked out of the room. The rest of the crew were already heading to the elevator when the door opened, revealing Brian.

Roman dropped his bags and began laughing, 'You son of a bitch! You made it!'

'What up, man? Good to see you,' Brian replied while finishing the man hug.

'Good to see you,' Tej called as he shook Brian's hand before wrapping an arm around his shoulders.

Blake dropped her bags and ran up to the man, dodging in between Han and Gisele. Her grin was wide as she launched herself at the man, his eyes quickly flying to her.

'Hey, Blue Eyes,' She smiled as she wrapped her arms around his shoulders.

'Hey, Bandit,' He replied as he returned the hug; 'So, what's going on here?'