Convictions And Crimes

The choir room was silent aside from the soft droning of Mr Shue. None of the students were paying attention, not even Rachel. He was going over how brilliant disco music was, once more. The New Directions could almost recite his speech line by line. When he finally finished talking, Blaine decided to speak up. "Mr Shue, can I ask something?" Blaine began. Mr Shue waved his hand and with that all heads turned to Blaine, "are you aware that Sebastian joined our school?"

"Yes, he is a pupil in one of my classes," Mr Shue replied with hesitance, he didn't want to know what his pupils were thinking.

"Wait, what? The gay criminal mastermind is at our school now?" Santana snorted.

"Yes," Mr Shue sighed.

"Plot twist," Artie shouted in a very high pitched voice.

"Wait, I thought he hated private schools," Kurt pressed Mr Shue for more information. The entire club was put on edge by this information, but all of them knew that Sebastian had tried to make amends and that he had stopped being so evil, for that reason, none of them would have protested. Not even Santana.

"I have no idea, I wasn't the one who dealt with all the transfer information," Mr Shue explained, "just ask him yourself," he suggested.

"I tried that," Blaine snapped, "it didn't work,"

"Well how about we get him to come into the choir room and then we can interrogate him," Artie suggested.

"That's good and all, but how would we do that?" Sam asked. He didn't know much about Sebastian, but from what he heard, he wasn't the most pleasant.

"Easy, he isn't that strong, I say we drag him," Kurt replied.

"What? No, don't be ridiculous Kurt," Mr Shue hissed.

"Okay then, why doesn't Blaine go lure him in," Santana sighed. The room was buzzing with ideas that Santana was growing bored of.

"What no, he wouldn't listen to me, you do it," Blaine screeched defensively.

"Fine," Santana grumbled and she got up from her seat.

"Santana, please don't," Mr Shue would have been more strict but he kind of wanted to know as well.

Santana rolled her eyes and left the room. Everybody went silent, "we should pray for this Sebastian fellow, I have a feeling he is going to need divine intervention," Joe told them.

"Not a bad idea Joe," Mr Shue praised him.

Santana was quick to find Sebastian in the halls, going who knows where. "Oi, bugs bunny," she called. Sebastian whipped round to face her. Surprise was written on his face.

"Can I help you?" His smirk made Santana want to punch him.

"Come with me," she snapped.

"Woah, sorry, we play for the exact opposite teams," Sebastian said sarcastically.

"Shut up and come on," Santana motioned with her hand.

"Yeah, nope. I'll pass," Sebastian drew her a fake smile before he turned away once more.

"Oh no you don't," Santana, grabbed the back of his collar and began to drag him to the choir room. Sebastian winced and he leaned almost horizontally back wards. His hands rushed over his head to grab Santana's wrist so that his collar wouldn't choke him. His feet slid along the floor. There was no escape.

The choir room went silent when Santana burst through the doors, dragging Sebastian behind her, "I did it," Santana said directly to Blaine, she then proceeded to let a dazed Sebastian go and return to her seat. He fell to the floor with a thump. Sebastian screwed up his face up in pain and annoyance.

"We didn't pray hard enough," Joe whined.

Sebastian looked at all the hard stares that were set on him. He didn't really care though, he stood up, dusted himself off and shot them back a glare of his own, "what the hell do you want?" He hissed, anger was evident in his voice. Mr Shue sat in the corner, observing the situation, making sure it didn't get out of hand.

"We want to know why you are in McKinley now," Rachel responded with a soft tone.

Sebastian gritted his teeth, he could hear pity rolling off of her in waves, "why should I tell you?" He spat.

"Because we will just assume that you hated Dalton and let all the lovely boys from there know," Quinn threatened him.

"Go ahead," Sebastian challenged her. Tension was thick in the air.

"Dude, we just want to know, we will leave you be if you tell us," Finn sighed, who would have though that Finn would be the most diplomatic.

"Fine," Sebastian snorted, "I got kicked out of Dalton, so my dad sent me here as a punishment," Sebastian explained.

"As a punishment? What? Why the hell were you kicked out of Dalton? Don't you live like an hour away?" Kurt asked.

"Well they contacted my dad about the accusations against me when it came to the rock salt slushie, so he was pissed, and then more issues arose so my dad sent me here so that I would be surrounded by people I injured and abused," Sebastian snapped, he was unamused, "also, it is extraordinarily creepy that you know how far away I live Kurt and quite frankly, none of your concerns,"

"Woah, I like your dad a lot," Santana laughed.

Sebastian rolled his eyes, "can I go now?"

"Yes," Mr Shue inserted before any of the kids could say anything. Sebastian jumped, he hadn't noticed the Mr Shue was there.

"Thank you, sir," with that he left the room in an amused silence.

As soon as the door clicked shut the room broke into a number of small whispers. Mr Shue got up and silenced them, "alright, now that you have your answers, are you content?"

"We should try to convince him to join glee club," Finn said firmly.

"What? No! I would rather die than let him join, never mind convince," Santana snorted.

"Why is that? He approached us with the Warblers to try and fix his mistakes, he asked for forgiveness and in this school he won't fit in, aside from here," Blaine argued. He still couldn't quite believe he was defending someone that nearly blinded him.

"What do you mean he 'won't fit in'," Sam argued.

"Well, he was a student at Dalton, Dalton is very much the black to McKinley's white, he is too different, he just won't be able to blend, I couldn't, the only way I got by was through you guys," Blaine admitted, "but he has no one,"

"Blaine has a point," Mr Shue admitted, "adjusting to McKinley will be very difficult for him, we should try to make it easier,"

"I don't care, I still don't trust him," Santana hissed.

"Neither do I," Artie admitted.

"Well then we will prove he is trust worthy," Kurt announced. Everybody stared at him as though he had two heads. "We will put his loyalty to the test,"

"How would we do that Kurt?" Mr Shue asked intrigued.

"Well I know a few people that would be more than happy to help," Kurt chuckled darkly.