Fixer Upper

The New Directions and the Warblers were high in spirit, their faces were flushed from dancing and the air was static with joy. They were in the McKinley High car park, all departing their separate ways as the sun cast an ominous red light over the sky. Kurt and Blaine were waving off a car with Sebastian, Nick and Jeff that was pulling out of the car park. Mr Schue knew that he needed speak to them, he stood at the school doors, far out of earshot from any other pupils. "KURT, BLAINE!" Mr Shue called them. They turned to him with surprised faces. Mr Schue waved them over.

When they got to Mr Schue they were clearly unsure of what was happening. "What's up Mr Schue?" Blaine asked coolly.

"I wanted to talk to you about Sebastian," Mr Schue sighed, he watched as their confused faces morphed into worried ones.

"I saw you two talking, did he say something?" Kurt said as anger crept into his voice.

"Well yes, and no, well not really, I don't..." Mr Schue wasn't sure how to express what he was feeling.

Kurt and Blaine traded a confused glance, "what happened?" Blaine stopped Mr Schue from rambling.

"I think you were right," Mr Schue said.

Kurt furrowed his eyebrows, "about what?"

"There is something wrong with Sebastian," Mr Schue sighed.

"What? He was looking so much better as well..." Blaine ran his hands over his face as the cold night air began to settle around them, Mr Schue was confused, he had looked worse? "How do you know?" Blaine asked.

"When I was with him he was generally pleasant compared to what I've heard, however, there was something about him... I've only ever encountered students with the same sort of feeling as him twice in my career as a teacher. When I was with him, he answered my questions without too much resistance until I asked for his past motives for attacking Blaine. That is when he immediately pulled away, like he had touched something and burned himself, he went on the defensive," Mr Schue explained.

It was getting colder and the two boys were interested, but slowly loosing their patience, "okay, that's just normal for Sebastian though," Blaine forced through chattering teeth.

Kurt saw Blaine's shivering, so with a roll of his eyes Kurt pulled of his jacket and gave it Blaine, who gladly accepted it. Kurt had told him to wear something warmer today other than a sweater vest, did he listen? No. luckily Kurt was wearing a full jumper under his coat. "Well yes I am sure it is, but when I told him that you guys would help him he completely shut off, he just stood up and left... I don't know wether it's pride or something else has happened to him to make him be so defensive and untrusting," Mr Schue continued to explain.

"If something happened to him to make him so defensive it would have needed to of happened a while ago," Kurt began to realise what Mr Schue was telling them.

"Exactly," Mr Schue sighed.

"He is incredibly claustrophobic," Blaine blurted out, unable to control his own actions.

Mr Schue raised his eyebrows as surprise splashed onto his face, "he's what?"

"We went into a Ferris wheel and he was visibly afraid," Kurt sighed, Blaine could never keep his mouth shut.

"We also found him trapped in a dumpster, and he was having a total freak out but Rachel hugged him, he returned the hug, then hey presto, he was back to being snarky," Blaine huffed in confusion.