Decagonal

Kurt sat on one of the benches outside of McKinley. It was a very hot day and Kurt was dying underneath his tenth layer of clothing, but it was in the name of fashion. Kurt let the heat wash over his face and he welcomed its calming effect. That's all he needed. A moment of calm in the storm. To catch his bearings. From his mind being crowded with concerns of Nyda and his future, but he was also overwhelmed by Sebastian. The boy seemed adimant he didn't need help. He always looked a mess, his grades were dropping and he was apparently in pain, though it would seem that the Warblers had managed to pry the information out of him that he fell down the stairs. From the way he was acting recently, Kurt wouldn't doubt it. From what he heard, Sebastian was clumsier, always bumping into things and tripping up. He was never paying attention and he pretended everything was fine. Fine. What a word. So many hidden meanings that could be there. So many things that Sebastian could be hiding with one word. Kurt had thought about talking to Mr Smythe, Blaine had told Kurt that he seemed like a nice guy. Yet Kurt knew, he just knew, that his father was rarely home. That his father was always working. So it wouldn't really be fair and it wasn't Kurt's place to let the man know. He should be able to suss out when his kid needed him. The trees rustled softly in the wind and the sound of chatter was overpowering. Teenagers were dotted about the school site, doing whatever the hell they wanted. Kurt closed his eyes and tilted his head back into the sunlight. A soft summer breeze blew over his face. He was at peace finally.

"You ok?" Kurt opened his eyes as Blaine sat next to him with a worried expression.

"Hmmm, perfect," Kurt smiled.

"Good, because I think we need to go out again, sometime soon preferably," Blaine grinned mischievously.

"Yes, I agree," Kurt giggled as he stared into his boyfriends eyes. Oh how life was almost perfect when Kurt was with Blaine. One could call it love.

Mercedes closed the locker door gently. She could hear the stampede of kids behind her and all the entertaining voices. She could also feel a very familiar presence beside her. "Hey Sam, what's up?" She asked with a sweet smile.

"I... erm, well I was wondering if, well you know?" Sam stuttered as his face went beet red.

"Sam, we've been over this before, I will not go out with you," Mercedes rolled her eyes and slammed her locker door shut, this was getting repetitive.

"NO! N-no that not what I was going to ask!" Sam practically yelled in a flushed flurry of words. Mercedes raised an eyebrow. "N-not that I don't want to, I do but like said that's a no, no,"

Mercedes sighed, "what do you want Sam?"

"Erm for the duets this week, I was wondering if you wanted to partner?" Sam practically begged her.

"Ehh, sure, why not? It could be fun," Mercedes said more to herself than Sam.

Sebastian huffed as he walked through the maze that is the Dalton dorms. Every door he passed was the exact same dark brown, every corner he turned was painted cream, it was never ending. He managed to get to his dorm every day despite this. He ran a hand through his tousled hair. His head was pounding, if he had to look at one more algebraic expression out of class time he was going to cry. The books in his hands felt like a tonne of bricks and every step he took was getting slower and slower.

When Sebastian finally made it to his dorm and swung open his door, his heart sank. There were four boys staring at him expectantly, dotted around the on desks and beds. Jeff, Nick, Trent and Wes all had a very familiar look in their eye, one that Sebastian had come to hate. Concern. All it ever did was bring him trouble. Sebastian rolled his eyes and closed the dorm door before proceeding to his desk to file away his books. He ignored the boys. He didn't want to give them the satisfaction of his attention. "Sebastian, please, you've been ignoring all of us recently," Jeff whined.

"You aren't the same anymore," Nick added.

"We are really concerned," Jeff finished off.

Sebastian ignored them. "You can't ignore us forever Sebastian, at least start showing up to Warbler rehearsals again?" Trent tried to reason with him.

Sebastian continued to to ignore them. "SEBASTIAN, STOP IGNORING US, oh my god, you are making me want to hit you!" Wes yelled, finally loosing his temper.

Sebastian jumped, startled at his friends outburst, but surprise was quick to turn to rage, he turned to face them, anger was sticking to him like glue, "THEN DO IT!" Sebastian screamed at them. The boys however were shocked to silence, they hadn't ever seen Sebastian loose his cool like that. "WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? GET IT OVER WITH!" Sebastian's throat was begging for him to stop, he was met with shocked faces and silence, "I thought not," Sebastian hissed and he left the dorm, slamming the door behind him.

The boys sat in an uncomfortable silence, no one wanted to be the one to break it. Tension was still thick in the air. Trent buried his face into his hands, "we just made everything worse," a sense of dread washed over him, overwhelming him completely.

"N-no, I am sure he is just having a bad day," Nick tried to be positive, but Jeff looked at him with a stern glare, making Nick regret his decision.

"Should someone try to go find him... talk to him?" Wes asked unsure.

"No, don't, he needs time to cool off," Jeff sighed.

"Should we call Blaine? Tell him what happened?" Trent suggested.

"Blaine has enough to worry about, and plus, he doesn't know the half of it, how can he help when both him and Sebastian basically hated each other?" Nick snorted.

"You'd be surprised, once a Warbler, always a Warbler... but you are right, he has enough to worry about, and Sebastian is our teammate, we should be helping him," Wes told them. They all nodded in a unanimous decision to keep Blaine in the dark.