7. Patsy

"Shh... now, now sweetheart. It will all be alright."
Honestly, I don't know how I would manage without Delia sometimes.
I dried my eyes and sat up.
"I need to wash my face" I said.
Delia helped me up and then excused herself to help Sister Winifred prepare dinner.
I waited until she had gone downstairs and then snook out of her bedroom. I rushed into the bathroom and splashed my face with cold water. That felt good.
I still had to change out of my uniform so I headed to the room I share with Trixie.
Trixie was sat on her bed flicking through a magazine (one of the big ones on her shelf, I'm not sure what).
"Where have you been? You got here nearly an hour ago." she said, still staring at some random fashion model. I had to think quickly, "Just...watching the television with Sister Monica Joan."
I blurted out.

After I had changed into a simple, green dress, Trixie and I headed down to dinner. Dinner was nothing special but the cakes that Barbara had been
given by the baker after she had delivered his son were tremendous. There weren't enough for one each so we had to share two to a cake - Delia and I shared of course. Speaking of which, I'm amazed no one has twigged that we are not just good friends. Everybody thinks that we are just close friends.
Very close friends... and Trixie stared suspiciously at me the whole time we were eating...