ONE SIDED LOVE

One Sided Love

Hey everyone, I just re-created my chapters thanks to my friend and editor @mizeroangel she is just simply awesome. Well, keep reading... ENJOY

Ch.1

Pain Or Life?

"Hey, Nichole" I called out loudly from the school's parking.

"Hello, Ruth." she greeted.

Today I wasn't feeling well; It felt like a part of my heart was missing since Luke wasn't at school.

"What's wrong? You're looking a little bit lost" she stated.

"I haven't seen him since morning and I'm worried. I mean, is he alright or what?" I sadly told her.

"Who are you talking about, dear?" she asked curiously.

"Luke!" I replied.

"Oh... him. Ruth, please stop worrying about the guy who doesn't even notice you or bothers about you anymore. Take my advice and just forget him or else he'll ruin your life, dear!" she told me vigorously.

"Yeah, I know", I agreed, "I'm trying my best to forget him but it's not thath easy." Slowly, tears formed in my eyes and then the bell rang. Nichole and I both went to class and the teacher began the lesson but I wasn't paying attention: I was thinking of Luke.

Luke, the guy who I love for the past two years, is my neighbour and he's a year older than me. It was two years back that the things between him and I became complicated.

Luke, my neighbourhood friends and I hang out a lot during summer vacations. I knew that Luke liked me as one of his other close friends told me about his emotions towards me. At that time, my life was perfect: hanging out with my friends, spending time with Luke... etc.

Then came the problem.

Alice. Back then, Alice and I were friends.

She, too, liked Luke but-even though Luke and Alice were in the same class-Luke didn't like her back the way me and him liked each other. She was a bit over-weight. I didn't know that she would create problems but she created complications alright.

Alice knew that my parents were old-fashioned and they didn't really approve of certain relationships so what she did was she told my older sister that I was in a relationship with Luke which, of course, wasn't true at all. My sister asked me about Luke and in order to avoid the situation, I lied. Things started spiralling from there. People started questioning me and I lied even more: I told them terrible things about Luke so that they could be convinced there was nothing between us. On one hand, I was telling lies and on the other hand, I was trying to get a hold of Luke to explain everything and why I did what I did. Only thing was, I couldn't get a hold of Luke.

One day, Alice came and asked me to walk with her and since I had to convince my friend about the whole scenario, I went with her. But before I could say anything, Luke was waiting outside my house. He came up to me and loudly began speaking and shouting at me.

"How dare you say those things about me, Ruth! I didn't expect this from someone like you. I thought we loved each other!"

"What are you talking about?" I replied, trying to defend myself. I tried to get him to come with me so that we could talk in a less crowded place but it was no use and that's when he called me a freak. Alice was the one who told him everything I had said and before I could ask Alice about this, my friends who were present at the scene started laughing. They were laughing at me.

I got embarrassed, went to my room and started crying.

The following day, Alice called trying to comfort me but I broke off our friendship and I started ignoring her but I needed to know what she told Luke. Did she tell him all the bad words I used to avoid the situation?

There were more questions. Like whether Luke will ever speak to me again. Will he understand me? Can we ever be a couple?

After that incident, Luke started ignoring me but pretty soon he started talking to me, asking me about my studies and how my family is doing but we never talked like before.

After a few months of the fight, I came to realise that I love him and that his absence in my life hits my heart like a thunderstorm hits an unsteady house: hard. Whether he loves me or not I've still got to figure out but what I do know is that I won't stop loving him. Not now and possibly not ever.

Luke and I are in the same school and each morning we went to school by bus and we went together. In the mornings he used to sit in one corner of the bus and I in the other. The twenty minutes we spent in the school bus was what I loved. In those minutes, I got a chance to actually see Luke at least once a day. Those were by far part of the happiest moments of my day.

Two years have passed. I know Luke's friends by name only. I keep record of his free lectures in the school so that I can go and see him. Now, Nichole is my best friend-since last year-and she's the only one I tell about Luke. I'm grateful that I have her as a friend.

The bell rang and we got up to go to the auditorium to watch a documentary.

Nichole came to me.

"Just chill dear. Your big fatty Luke will be fine. Just have some fun."

"Stop calling my love fatty. Besides, I'm fine now but thanks." I told Nichole.

Luke has blue eyes-sea blue-matched with curly hair an average height and a fair skin tone. The past two years he gained a little weight but not too much to be called a 'fatty'.

I had, on the other hand, have chocolate brown eyes, long straight hair and while he's a bit fat, I'm skinny but I love him and that's all that matters.

After we entered the auditorium, we took a seat in the last row so that Nichole and I could talk. While we were talking, Nichole and I were interrupted by Harry and John (our good friends).

Harry and I became friends six months ago. He was the smartest guy in our class and he was very attractive too. Every girl in school fancied him. Harry, John, Nichole and I were great buddies and we always have fun in every class at school.

Harry and John both had a great sense of humour and they always make me laugh that's the reason I love being around them.

But they obviously didn't know about Luke.

________________-

Hope you guys liked it???? This is new version given by my editor @mizeroangel to it. Thanks a lot..... You can see "Ruth" in the pic now!!!