CHAPTER 7 (A moment spent with him)

Finally finally chap 7.. well, this is my editor's favourite and truely it's awesome. She just spent her precious time to give me this! thanks a lot dear you're awesome.

And friends do enjoy the chapter and give me views.

Read/comment/vote

Dedicated to @mizeroangel my editor cum friend!!!!!

One Sided Love

A Moment Spent With Him

I'm not sure I knew how to smile anymore.

I might as well point out the obvious and admit that I wasn't exactly sure if my limbs still functioned. All Luke did was greet me and my mind went into overdrive then overloaded from the thousand-megawatt smile he sent me and blow up all rationality in me to a point where I just stood at the top of the staircase wondering whether your chest rises when you exhale or drops the minute you start inhaling. I figured it out eventually.

I sent him a smile which, I thought I looked like a doll with an eerie smile painted on it with the most awful of colours imaginable, I received a grin in return. "You can come in. I was just practising, but I guess I'm finished." I walked past him and the threshold of his room.

"If I'm the reason you stopped your dance routines, I can go and let you get down to it." I hesitated sitting down seeing as there was that possibility that I'd be heading home again.

"Well," – his hand found the small of my back and he nudged me to the door – "you know where the front door is. See you at school tomorrow."

I stood on the other side of the threshold as the door slammed in my face.

Just. Like. That.

And it was all over before it even began. "Oh." I mumbled and turned to walk to the staircase. The moment I took a step, someone dissolved into laughter from Luke's room. I turned again and Luke's door opened to show a red-faced Luke bending over in laughter. He pulled me into his room and closed it. With the last of his laughter dying away, I continued to stand there wondering what was so funny. "Man, you should've seen your face epic. Next time, I'm getting a camera."

Next time.

The only words my mind registered, but only because one thought crossed my mind: Luke wanted to see me again. Inside, I was gleaming and jumping around like a monkey on steroids although on the outside I stood perfectly still and not because I could contain myself: I was still confused. My heart thumped loudly to a tremulous and unsteady boom-boom that I self-consciously placed a hand over my chest for fear that he might hear it.

"Ruth, I wouldn't ever let you get away that easily."

He took a step towards me till our lips were a mere minuscule centimetres away; I could feel his breathing on my skin. I lowered my hand from my chest and secretly pinched myself hard. It was painful, but I wanted to make sure that I wasn't daydreaming. My eyes voluntarily closed and I puckered up my pink lips.

Here goes nothing, I thought.

I took in a deep breath and stood on the tips of my toes; a faint smile stowed its way onto my face.

"Er... Ruth?"

"Mmmm?"

"What are you doing?"

My eyes snapped open.

I even took a step back for good measure. "I... Er..." – I cleared my throat – "Nothing?"

Luke chuckled while I kept examining my feet. I mentally groaned.