CHAPTER 8 (All That Is Luke)

[Heyo! M so happy to post the edited version of this chapter8. Beware its one of my fav’s. Well, you know who to give credit @mizeroangel thank you so much so your work on my story!! :D]

Chapter Eight:

I went to sleep after dinner.

I had expected to go straight to dreamland, but unfortunately, that did not happen: my sleep had been deprived from me with thoughts, dreams and images of Luke that constantly flooded my mind. This was not what I had expected, although I did not mind seeing the handsome face of that guy I had fallen for, but who was not there to catch me. All that was Luke invaded me over and over again.

His eyes seemed to bore into my closed ones. His smile held my heart and refused to let go. His hair seemed to taunt my hands into tousling it and playing with it. His hands were soft and smooth. His embrace was warm and full of so much love.

His entire existence completed me.

I prayed to God that night:

“Please God, if I die before telling Luke I love him, grant me one wish. My wish is to have at least ten minutes with Luke while I die or before I die to tell him I love him. If I get neither, I’ll surely come back to see if Luke’s okay, to confess my love to him and to make sure he is happy, even if it is without me. I realise my love is unrequited and that there’s a possible chance it shall always stay unrequited. I don’t want you to force him into liking me like I love him, but I’d just rather spend moments with him, because moments last forever. I’d rather just have a second of his time spent with me rather than a lifetime of my life without him.”

“Lord, I’d most probably give my all just to have Luke. Good night and thank you for giving me my friend back.”

I went back to sleep soon after still filled with an abundance of Luke in every single detail. As soon as my eyes fluttered close, morning came. Sure I got seven or so hours of sleep, but it actually felt like a second of sleep. I was sure now that my head was filled with Luke, I could most probably write an entire novel on him.

Perhaps it could be called Luke something or Luke this or Luke that or maybe it’d be called Luke. Just Luke.

I got ready, ate breakfast and went outside to catch the school bus. I had to admit that my tiny heart could not take the excitement of seeing Luke and would most definitely explode into a billion pieces of amazing fireworks display the world had ever seen.

When the school bus came, however, my heart had deflated like a balloon once I found out that Luke was travelling to school by himself. It dampened my mood a bit. That was until I reassured myself that I’d see him at school today so him not taking the school bus was okay.

I got to school on time as always and headed straight for my friends.

“Hey.” I greeted and instantly received replies from Harry, Giselle and John. I couldn’t find Nichole anywhere and was worried, seeing as she hadn’t called me yesterday and wasn’t here now. Where could she be? “Have any of you seen Nicole?”

They all nodded.

“Well, where is she?”

“Nicole is just by that wall there near the football field. She’s with someone.” That peaked my interest and I couldn’t help, but think that perhaps she was perhaps with a guy she liked or something along those lines. “It’s a guy” Giselle said with a smirk plastered across her face. “Really? Who?” I was baited; hook, line and sinker. “Just someone” Giselle muttered with saccharine sweetness over coating her voice. “Just tell me, Giselle.” She seemed to ponder about whether or not to tell me and she knew that I was a very curious and impatient person. Those two attributes combined could make me into a crazy ape about to step on a ticking time bomb. I.e. it wasn’t good to keep me waiting about certain things.