Chapter 10~ Familer Faces

"That's a good book." Said a voice. I turned to see the same boy from the counter. I nodded. He gave me a confused look. "You look....Familiar" he said reaching for my scarf. Once I looked into those eyes I knew...

"Stay away" I wanted to say. But my mouth and voice wouldn't cooperate and talked on its own.

"It's you..." we both say.

⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️

I clutched the book to my chest. How did I not expect such thing to happen?

"It's really you, huh?" He said shocked. I made a straight face and nodded and then spoke up, "I apologize, but I didn't not plan to meet you again." His eyes widen. "It seems fate has brought us together again." He winked at me.

I rolled my eyes. "You wish. Now...Can I buy these or not?" He nodded and we walked toward the counter where the register had been.

"That'll be 12 yen please" I grabbed the money out of my pocket and handed him the money. "There ya go! Now can I get your name, last time I checked you never introduced yourself. You only said 'you'll find out soon enough' or something along those lines." I titled my head in confusion.

Then it came back to me and I nodded. "Indeed." I grabbed my bag and headed to the door. "Wait! A-At least let me walk you! My shift is done now anyway. Please let me walk you home!" He begged catching up to me.

"I don't want some random stranger to follow me home. Beat it." I scoffed. He alrighty knew I was a half ghoul. He knew I was the snowflake. Why should I let him know where I live too?

I walked out the door. The little bell jingled again. The cool breeze hit my face once more. How refreshing it was to be out on a cool night like this.
I continued walking, ignoring the rushed foot steps behind me.

Then someone grabbed my wrist.

"Excuse me miss. But why are you out at night at this time? It is very dangerous you know." Said a voice. I turned to see two ghoul investigators.

Crap...

⬜️⚪️⬜️⚪️⬜️

I apologize for not updating the day after I posted the last chapter like I said I would. I was testing for the past 3 days and I was lucky enough to get that chapter in. But im almost don't testing so I decided to use this short time to make a short chapter.

Hope you enjoyed!

~Enternal