Chapter 6 - The (My) Other Half (Part 2)

We had been hugging each other for quite some time until we noticed the dark around us coming down on the beautiful garden and we decided to head back inside the mansion.

We took our time and I was finally able to see the natural beauty around me. I was charmed by the sight.

It was so big I couldn't see the end, but supposed where it was thanks to the big trees of the forest coming in sight at my sides. Not so high and perfectly cut grass drew a little labyrinth all over the space, separating six different fountains which were enlightened with flying lights; it didn't surprise me to see those fire-like flames flying in the air and lighting up the garden, reminding me of wisps. They were of six different colours exactly like the six fountains circling around us: red, blue, purple, yellow, green and black.

Black?!

I stared at the black flames around the fountain, which was right in front of us, mesmerised. I really liked black, and out of all the possible colours, I hadn't thought about black being one of them. Every colour matched the colour of the waterfalls of the six fountains and each of them separated the six parts of the little labyrinth drawn in the garden.

My eyes were so caught by the view that I didn't notice we arrived in front of the mansion's back door and he quickly opened it for me to enter while I slightly bowed with a little smile, thanking him silently. The silence between us was starting to let our emotions flow from our bodies and hearts. We both knew how it hurt, we both were in pain but we both also knew that we couldn't do anything. All those mixed feelings I had didn't help me at all. Furthermore, I wanted to stay quiet but a few more questions kept popping in my mind and so I decided to speak my mind out.

"I still don't get one thing..."

"What?" He spoke softly.

"Why is Karima still living with you?"

"Oh...," he lowered his head, "well, she is under my control. I have to watch over her, but it's not like we have some kind of relationship, it's more like she's imprisoned here under my supervision." He explained and I nodded.

"Why was she at Jungkook's Castle then?"

"He kept her until I eventually came back from the Middle World." I hummed in agreement, but then his words caught my attention.

"Middle World?"

"It's the world between Underworld and the Afterlife. Your world, in which normal people live." He smiled softly while it all got a bit more confusing.

Wait, how can the Afterlife be the other world when there's already the Underworld?

As if he read my mind, he started speaking again, "The Afterlife is a bit more complicated than what you think. Just know that the Underworld comprehends every creature existing that you know." He smiled again and I did too letting my questions fall in the back of my mind.

We were just about to go round the corner when screams could be heard in the hallway and we both stopped in our tracks looking at each other and asking with silent eyes if we both heard those. We understood our gazes and immediately started running to where the screams were coming from.

The more we grew near to the font, the more I recognised the voice which was yelling, and the words.

"What the fuck did you do to her?!" I stopped, frozen in my tracks, as fear was taking the best of me and I took in a firm grip Jimin's hand.

"Jimin..." I whispered while tears were forming in my eyes. He stiffened beside me and looked at me with pleading eyes.

"Please, help me, do it for me, Mia." I was shaking my head faintly as my lips parted trembling and he took a few steps closer in front of me, placing his hands on both my cheeks.