Chapter 2: Second Night

I stopped at the familiar building in front of me and took out my hands from the pockets of the coat. The ringing sound of the bell at the door made its way through the house, but no response was heard. I pressed it one more time, but again, no response. I checked the door and it was strangely opened. I fought between the thoughts of breaking into his house and not. What if he was having a shower? What if I found him naked? What if there's a thief in?

All those stupid thoughts ran in my mind, but I pushed them away. Come on, Mia, this isn't the time to question about these things. I slowly pushed it open meanwhile the door made a deafening crunch which I hated with all my heart. I looked around the hall, but there was no sign of Jimin and his shoes still were at the entrance.

« Jimin? Are you there? » I asked, but no answer was given me. The house was tidied perfectly, nothing out of place. A bit too much maybe. It was as if he hadn't been there in the past few hours because I knew too well Jimin and surely the house wouldn't have been that tidy if he was there. I checked the kitchen and the living room and there was nothing left on the tables or around. I went to his bedroom and the sheets were flawlessly done and... clean. Were they changed this night?

When I saw his desk I frowned. All the photos, all of the books, all of his things gone. There was nothing left. The last time I came to his house was not so long ago and the wall was fulfilled with photos of me and him and our friends. I rushed to see if in the drawers there still was his book where he wrote his songs and nothing. It was just... empty. Not even his laptop was there. I looked at the wardrobe at my right abruptly and at the sight of clothes my hopes started lighting up a bit, but when I saw the style of the clothes my smile immediately fell. It wasn't Jimin's style at all. His hoodies, maybe his hoodies are still here and he just changed clothes... I started taking out all that came in my sight, but nothing, just useless things came in my hands. That wasn't Jimin's room, that wasn't Jimin's house anymore, not even his scent. It had nothing about him, but it was impossible, right?

How could someone completely disappear as if he never was here?

I heard footsteps coming from the entrance and with tears threatening to fall, I ran to the hall.

« Jim- » I frowned.

« W-Who are you? What are you doing here? How did you enter? » A boy was standing in front of the door with a few bags in his hands.

« Wait, who are you? What are you doing in Jimin's house? » I asked, my voice slowly fading in a whisper as tears started falling from my eyes.

« Jimin? Jimin who? This is my house. I've been living here for two weeks now, but I should be asking questions. » No. No, no, no. This is all wrong, stop. No, it can't be.

« No, it's impossible, how can it be? What are you saying, you're wrong... » I stepped back a little and hit my back against the wall behind me.

« Uhm, I think you're mistaking me for someone else. There's no Jimin living here and never was one. » The look on his face was honest, too honest. I felt my heart crack and shutter in pieces. My mind going blank and my knees shaking, what is happening? What's all this?

I stood up with the little strength remained in my body, sniffling with my nose and put on my shoes, still not understanding one bit of what was happening.

« The door... The door was opened, I'm sorry. » I bowed in a rush and ran out of that unknown place.

The tears wetting my cheeks weren't stopping and didn't seem to stop any sooner. With my head spinning and hurting, I somehow managed to make it to the tree in the park which was now empty, and I was relieved to spend some time alone. I really wouldn't have been able to deal with someone at that moment. I let myself slide down against the tree and I didn't care a bit about my bare legs and butt freezing against the cold ground. I held my head with my hand, taking a bunch of hair in my strong grip, I screamed and sobbed hard whilst tears printed lines all over my face and wetted my sweater and coat. Jimin... Where are you? What is this?