Chapter 11. Date

A/N Sorry for not updating for those of you who actually read this, but I haven't had any internet since moving. Happy reading!

Nothing out of the ordinary happened on Friday, nothing worth mentioning anyways. Cassidy was still being a bitch and Gabriel was being ever the gentleman.

Saturday finally rolled round, and it was a beautiful day, I just hoped the night would be just as clear. But that was hours away. It was ten in the morning and I had nine hours to wait. So I planned to read my book I got from the library. So far, some girl has found her 'mate' but he has 'rejected' her and now she's going on this huge and quite frankly pointless journey trying to prove to him that she doesn't need him, but they both end up together anyway. I rolled my eyes a few too many times but like I said before, it's amusing.

Finally having enough of the drab, I decided to eat, I was starving and didn't want to embarrass myself on the date when I'm talking pleasantly and my stomach decides to join the conversation. Shifting into a lion, I went out and hunted for some breakfast. When I first shifted, I could feel my bones pop, my muscles tear and my joints bend in an unnatural way. But as the years went on and transformations became more frequent, the pain lessens into nothing and the whole transition went a lot smoother until an unpleasant tingle could only be felt.I used to be petrified of shifting with the pain, thinking it would always hurt.

I used to be petrified of shifting with the pain, thinking it would always hurt.

Prowling along the dust covered ground, my shoulders retracted and my tail hung low beneath me. My sneaky efforts paid off when a deer was set in my sights. Of course it wasn't expecting a predator such as me, making the hunt easier. Leaping onto it's back, I sunk my claws into its side for balance and clamped my jaws around the animal's neck. It bucked, reared and tried any conceivable way to get me off its back, but my grip was too great and finally it started to wear itself down. It collapsed, its lungs void of any oxygen and finally slumped to the ground, its eyes glasses over and unseeing.

If I were a human, I would have been disgusted by the fact that I was eating a dear, raw. But when I took on a cat form, I took on the mind set too. Of course I was aware of who I was, where I was and and I could control myself, but everything was in a new light.

I revelled in the fact that I was eating a larger prey, other than rabbit, with no wolves to steal it and eat it in front of my face. It was great to be eating something so tender and... so more, than little critters I scavenged from the forest floor.

For the rest of the day I lounged around in cougar form, since people wouldn't be as surprised to see a mountain lion, opposed to an actual lion that belonged in Africa.

Sitting on top of a large rock, I watched as the sun slowly disappeared behind the golden backdrop, swishing my tail in content. But as it grew darker, I decided to head back in and use the last of the light to get ready for my date.

Walking across town on my way home Friday evening, I spotted a new married couple moving into a rather large house, with expensive furniture littered around the garden as the moving men dumped it. When nobody was around, I took a full length body mirror which was propped against the white picket fence. It was heavy, with a gold ivy patterns adorned around the outside, weighing it down. But I managed to get it into my attic room, finally happy that I had something I could view myself in. I didn't want to go on the date and constantly be fussing over how I look.

Seven dresses, 6 pairs of shoes and a bunch of jewellery shifted later, I had finally found the most elegant yet casual outfit for the night.

I decided to work with my hair this time and go for a green dress, it was Greek styled with one shoulder strap, just above the knee length and had a loose fitting body, and a light skirt. I matched it with some sparkling silver ballet flats and some cheep red lipstick that really made my green eyes pop. There wasn't much I could do with my hair so I pinned the sides back with some bobby pins I had purchased. I almost had a full makeup bag. I kind of looked like the nicer version of Morgana from Merlin, before she turned all psycho and witchy.