Rescued

Elizabeth's POV

I turned away from my conversation just long enough to notice Rosalie falling over the edge.

"Rosalie! Father Rosalie fell!!!"

I saw James quickly trying to take his coat off to jump after her but a solder stopped him. Before I could hear what they were saying, I started sprint down to the docks. Maybe someone will pull her out? Oh, curse these corsets!

We reached the dock just as Rosalie and a man were being helped out of the water by two solders.

Rosalie's POV

I woke up on a dock. Wait, how did I get here, I thought. I immediately started coughing as I felt the corset being cut from my body. Once I stopped, I saw a man bent over me, and he was looking at the medallion that I had put on.

"Now, where did you get that?" he said.

I quickly snatched back the medallion as I heard my father and Lizzie calling my name. Father helped me up and gave me his coat and I quickly exchanged the medallion with Lizzie so that Father wouldn't see it. But the man did, and he was staring at me curiously. I looked back at him, and noticed how peculiar he looked. Could he be a pirate? I could see that Lizzie was thinking the same thing.

"Shoot him!" Father said. "Father!" Lizzie and I said at the same time. "You really can't shoot the man who just saved my life." I said. James turned back tithe man, and stretched out his hand. "I believe thanks are in order?" he said. Just when the man hesitantly reached out his hand to James' it was turned over by James to reveal a curious tattoo and a scar.

Jack Sparrow! I knew that man! I had read countless books with Lizzie about his adventures and conquests. But he looked familiar too...

My thoughts were interrupted by James dragging him down the dock. I immediately started to argue. "Commodore I really must protest!" I stood in front of Jack. "This man has saved my life, that must count for something!" "One good deed is not enough to save a man from a lifetime of treachery!" the Commodore shot back.

"Finally." I heard Jack say. Suddenly I felt chains around my neck and I was pulled into Jack's chest. "No no! Don't shoot!" my father yelled. I saw Lizzie try to run to help me, but James and Father held her back. "Commodore my effects please!" Jack said. I could see James hesitate, but eventually give in.

"Rosalie, it is Rosalie is it?" Jack said into my ear. "It's Ms. Swann." I replied. "Well Ms. Swann my effects please." James handed me Jack's effect and I turned around to face him. The smug look on his face was enough alone to make me want to slap him.

"If you please," Jack said. I sighed frustrated and started putting his effect on him. When I reached around his back, I felt him get a little closer and I could imagine him giving James a look. I heard James give a frustrated sigh so I must have been correct.

When I was done, Jack flipped me around again and started backing up. "Gentlemen, and ladies, let this day be remembered as the day that you almost caught, Captain Jack Sparrow!" He pushed me away from him and James caught me. "Well now will you shoot him?!" My father said, exasperated. "Open fire!" James yelled, and I looked up to see Jack swinging on a rope and yelling.

He landed on a ledge and then used his chains to zip line down the rope. He jumped off the rope and started running away from the docks. James' men continued to shoot at him until he was out of sight and James yelled "On his heels!" The men and James started running after him and I was ushered back to the house by Father and Lizzie.