Sixth Birthday

Lucy's Pov 

i wake up smiling knowing my son is growing up. today he is six. i can't believe its been six years since i wanted to tell natsu i loved him, since he left me and his best friend, since i gave birth to his child without him even knowing. i hope i see him one day, i know that the guild would have told me if natsu had returned but obviously he hasn't come. not yet anyway, but i know he will. 

'Mumma, Mumma, Mumma' i heard Luke burst in my room and he looked so exited. 

'hello my little six year old how are you doing' 

'great, i'm a big boy now, and i can do nearly everything' he said and i giggled. 

'well...you can't drink, you can't drive and you can do what mummy did to have you' i said and luke laughed. 'also you can't smoke, take drugs or fight like rough people' i said and he giggled again. 

'where do babies come from?' Luke asked and i sighed. 

'well i knew this would happen one day' i said and he smiled. 'well babies first come from the daddy, and when they play the game...the err, the daddy passes the baby over to the mummy to look after for nine whole months, after that...the mummy gives birth and they both get to look after the baby together' i explained. i didn't lie like most parents do, i just made it child friendly. 

'oh, but where is daddy?' i froze now. how can i answer this question. 

'right well come on, you have to go to school Lukie loo' i changed the subject because i panicked i saw lukes face change but he didn't say anything. 

'fine' he moaned and got up to start getting dressed for pre-school. i closed my eyes and put my hands over them. i walked over to the wardrobe so i could get changed until a box fell from the top making me scream. 

'LUCY ARE YOU OKAY!' Happy worried flying in my room 

'yes i'm fine' i said putting the things in the box until my eyes traced onto a memory which made my heart ache. Happy stayed quiet too, and we just stared at the white scarf owned by Natsu. 

'six years' Happy said and i just nodded staying silent. 

'Luke keeps asking about him' i said and Happy looked at me. 'i'm going to give it to him for a present, just so he has something to think of his father, i can't keep telling stories of us in the guild, he needs something of him' i said and Happy looked at me and pulled a small smile. 

'i guess your right. he might like it, who knows' he said and i giggled. i hung it up in the wardrobe and closed it. i started tearing up but i walked out the room with happy to check on Luke. 

---------------------------

Happy's pov 

i finished setting up the rest of the decorations whilst Lucy was wrapping Natsu's scarf for luke. she is so exited for luke and his party because we have invited the entire neibourhood and his school friends to come. Lucy always tries to make luke happy. she wants him to know Natsu aswell which would make him even happier but obviously he isn't here. 

'Happy, i wrapped up Lukes present, so i'm going to pick him up, do you want to come or stay?' she asked happily, but i could tell she was sad. i don't blame her, i miss him too but she misses him more. 

'no i'll stay i have something to do' i said and she pulled a fake but realistic smile, she walked out and i flew to Lucy's writing room. i picked up a sheet of paper and an ink pen and i started writing to Natsu. 

DEAR NATSU!, 

I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE YOU ARE RIGHT NOW BUT I WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT I STUCK TO YOUR WORD. I'M NOT GOING TO TELL YOU THE OTHER THING BECAUSE LUCY WILL BE MAD BECAUSE SHE WANTED TO TELL YOU HERSELF.