Broken And Bleeding With Ice Cream And Highs

I can't tell you HOW confused I was when he pulled up in front of Dairy Queen.

"Um, Ash? Have you lost it or what?" I asked lightheartedly.

"Don't be acting like you didn't want ice cream too!" he trilled.

I shook my head and playfully hit his arm.

"Okay, I'll pay. Let's go!" he shouted excitedly.

Without letting me respond, he got out of the car and took off for the door.

I had no other choice rather than doing my best to run after his skipping figure.

By the time I had gotten caught up to him, he was inside, standing at the counter.

When I reached him, he was literally jumping up and down asking me what I wanted.

I quickly recollected myself and tried to say something intelligent.

"Um...whatever you are having Ashley!" I finally shouted. Well don't I look smart now!?

The girl at the register yelled our order back to the people in the back and turned back to us.

"Hey- aren't you Ashley Purdy!?" she asked excitedly.

"You can bet I am!" he replied excitedly.

They shared chattering away, as I zoned out.

What was my old name?

Vegan? No, that's an extreme vegetarian...

Vegas? No. Veronica? No, that sounds WAY too far off!

I'm going to have to do this later.

He thrust my Oreo blizzard into my hands and charged at the door with a sheet of paper in his hand.

I ran after him, beating him back to the car.

I hopped inside and smiled at him through the glass, as he fumbled with the door.

Eventually, he was able to get it open and jumped inside.

On the way back, we sang and ate our frozen treat.

Suddenly, my phone went off in my pocket.

I groaned and answered the incoming call.

I let my spoon roll on my tongue as I answered.

"Hello?"

"Hello there, Megan."

"May I ask how this is?" I asked warily.

I knew who it was instantly. Darian.

Dammit.

"You know who it is. And I believe you owe me a little apology for having me sent for a luxury getaway to the hospital." he said, evidently with a smile in his voice.

"It wasn't my fault. I didn't know that they were coming." I replied dryly.

"Well, I'm demanding the next action, honey. I met someone new."

"You mean you raped someone new?" I lashed.

"Not this time my little bitch. And if you were smart enough to know this- we weren't even married. I'm burning your stuff as we speak."

I barely winced and just decided to hang up.

"Was it him?" Ashley asked me.

"Yep. Sure as hell was. To make it official- we never were married." I sighed.

"Well....count this as our celebration party!" he shouted with a grin.

I rolled my eyes but laughed along with him.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I sat outside in the car beside Ashley, looking up at the huge apartment building.

I was intimidated by it's size, and who might be inside.

"Well, we gotta go inside some time!" Ashley finally said, breaking the silence.

I sucked in a sharp breath and nodded in agreement.

I need some sort of pride.

Trying to sand up straighter and square my shoulders, Ashley laughed at me.

"What?" I asked cluelessly.

"You look like you are about to shoot someone. Come on, lighten up." he said, walking around the car and slinging his arm around my shoulders loosely.

As soon as I was comforted enough to start walking again, we progressed towards the menacing building.

Once inside, we were split up. Ashley went to the managers' office and I was taken on a tour of the floors.

Time passed quickly as I laughed ad joked with my guide.

When we reached the top floor penthouse however- I could no longer speak.

It was beautiful and luxurious beyond belief.

Crystal chandeliers hung from the ceiling in red settings, while the walls were painted a brilliant white. The story beneath our feet was blood red- my favorite color.

The master bedroom had black and red slanted striped walls- perfectly painted on.

The bathroom had regular striped walls to match, while the rest of the rooms were white.

I smiled and took it in- even the room smelled amazing.

Like...mint and rosebuds.

"So, the elevators are optional with a key as all the rooms are- put your key in your slot and turn it to get here. Your doors are white like the walls over there." she said, pointing at a far wall.

I looked over next to them and saw the beautiful glass doors surrounded in white lining.

"How much for this apartment?" I asked, large smile and all.

Taking the elevator down, I made my way to Ashley.

I ran right into him in the hallway conveniently, and jumped right onto him.

When we were both laying on the ground, twisted up and dying from laughter, he paused long enough to ask me which one i got.

"Top floor penthouse!" I shouted back happily.

His jaw dropped in shock at me.

Proudly collecting my new keys and putting them in my purse, I flaunted back outside.

"I'm going to have to go back to work If I want any furniture." I laughed.

"Your gift from me will probably be a mini fridge fully supplied." he chuckled as he started the car.

"Thank you!" I shouted happily.

Nothing can ruin my mood now, I thought.

I'm riding on a high!