Chapter eight

Chase

There was a blue chair, with pink swirls. White walls, with cute little bunny pictures. i walked down the cold, dark hallway. I smelled all the medications, and the latex gloves. I shivered in disgust. But I still trudged on, to my mate's room. She stayed in room, three  hundred-and seventy-six. On the fifth floor. I knocked, and walked in.

 She was playing on the little video game system, they gave her. She had a determined grin on her face, her pink tongue caught between her lips. I looked at the screen and noticed the game. It Was race car driving, her favorite game. She steadily tapped buttons on the remote, and screamed when she made first place.

 I sit on the hard plastic purple chair, I unfolded the letter. "Skylar, I want to read you the letter that was found in your car. It was addressed to me, and I thought that maybe if you heard it. You'd get some of your memory back."

 She put the silver controller down, and faced me. She was biting her lip, which meant she was nervous. "okay?"

 She was still biting her lip, but was staring at me. Giving me all her attention. "Alright, Love. Here it goes." I cough lightly, and wiggled in my chair.

"Dear Chase, My beloved Mate.

"I am still slightly mad, and upset at you. But I have decided to come home, to be with you. You are what kept me from drowning at the worst part of my life. You stuck by me at my worst, and you deserve me at my best. Which I will try to be a good wife, and mother. I am currently one month..." I get a little chocked up, as silent tears stream down my face. I wipe them off and continued.

"..Pregnant. I found out an hour after I left. I had gone to see Gram's and she told me. I had done up a little research while I was gone and found out. Pregnant werewolves, get very emotional, and temperamental. While pregnant. I just wanted to tell you that I forgive you. Paige and mark are in are past." I wince at that part, remembering that I had gone, and given him a black eye, for hurting her.

"I was acting foolish, and probably lost you for good. But I had decided to come, and give you this letter, and hope for the best. I still think about you. I have ever since I left. The only thought that has crossed my mind has been about you, and our baby. If you don't take me back, I was hoping for a boy with your looks. But I would also like a little girl, I've always dreamed of having a little girl. But if you don't take me back, i'll take either. So I can have a little piece of you with me.

"But that's plan B, I hope you take me back. For I love you so much. That it killed me to be away. You mean the world to wolf and I. I just wanna come home, where ever you are, no matter what. As long as I'm with you, I'm exactly where I want to be. Your my home, and my love.

"With love your mate, Skylar."

 I stifled a sob, and looked over at Skylar. She was wiping tears from her eyes. She starts bawling then, alarmed. I stand up quickly, and wrapped her in my arms. She kept sobbing, they quieted down to the sniffle's. about ten minutes later.

"Are you okay?" I ask as I gently wipe tears from her pale pink cheeks.

"No! No i'm not okay. I wish I...I could remember, I want to be the girl that you fell in love with, and I wish I was that girl. but I just can't remember much. I don't even know who my parent's are, I don't even know who I am." She rests her head on my chest, and I bury my face in her soft, and silky hair. She smelled so good. Like chocolate covered strawberries.

Skylar

I wish I could remember him. He seems so sweet, and handsome. I couldn't help but fall in love with him. But that letter, I just can't remember writing it. That girl, just seems like a different person. Since I'm pregnant, is the baby his? I groan out loud.