13 // talk

nick gave agatha their mum's old guitar. agatha almost cried of happiness, she loved playing guitar- her mum used to teach her how to play the guitar.

but then, it was sold for her mum's medicine- until almost of their belongings was gone.

"where'd you get this? didn't auntie mary sold this?" asked agatha, the guitar in her arms, admiring it.

nick laughed, "i know the person who she sold the guitar. good thing he was a guitar collector- he didn't want to give it to me but then when he heard about mum, he gave it and said his condolences."

"thanks very much, nick! i love you so much!" agatha said, placed the guitar beside the couch and hugged nick.

nick hugged back, "love you too midget."

* * *

"i'm going at the children's home again, i'll be back!" said agatha, the guitar bag on her shoulders.

she met jacob outside their apartment and walked quietly, going to the priest hole.

"can i tell you something, jake?" blurted agatha randomly. somehow she felt like jacob is always the understanding friend. she sighed

"yeah, yeah." said jacob.

"what's the feeling when- you feel so happy, when talking to someone. getting jealous when this, this certain person did something with someone and you wished-you wish that that was you, and that..."

jacob looked serious. "you're not in love with me, ain't you?"

agatha shook her head, "not you, idiot."

"then who is it? hugh? millard?" asked jacob.

"enoch." muttered agatha.

"horace- what?" asked jacob confusedly.

"nothing, i said you're handsome but deaf." agatha said as she walked fast.

"hey-hey!" jacob said.

he caught agatha's wrist and she turned around.

"what?" asked agatha irritatedly.

"who is it?" asked jacob.

"f-fine!" stuttered agatha, "it's enoch. enoch."

jacob let go of her wrist, "you're in love enoch?"

"i-i think so."

jacob's expression changed into anger.

"why? he's rude!" argued jacob.

"what? whoa, jake, who are you to say that?"

"wh-when you were gone, he showed me someone- victor! he showed me victor, controlled the body and played with it."

"what do you want to say?" asked agatha, her anger started to build up.

"he's heartless- he has a numb heart! don't you get it? he doesn't deserve you!"

"oh yeah? who do i deserve? some shitface like you?"

"well-"

"you had a chance! i liked you too remember? i even gave you my first kiss! you're the one who's heartless and not enoch, so shut, up!" agatha ranted angrily, she looked at him in the eye, "enoch and victor were best mates, jake! what would you do if i die and you have the ability to bring me back? would you hesitate to bring me back?!"

jake looked shocked and sad, "i-i, don't know... i didn't know that..."

"of course you don't!"

"agatha, come back!"

agatha ran to the priest hole, and she was back to 1943. she sighed.

she removed her guitar bag that was hanging in her shoulder. she went inside the house, seeing miss peregrine, another old woman-maybe a ymbryne too and the children packing their stuff and went upstairs. agatha approached miss peregrine.

"what's happening, miss?" she asked.

miss peregrine looked at her, "mr. barron attacked miss avocet's loop, sadly, she only survived."

"where are the children?" asked miss avocet.

"they're upstairs." said miss peregrine.

agatha went upstairs.

"emma? olive?" asked agatha loudly. she was pulled into a door and it closed. her guitar fell beside her.

"hey agatha." said olive as she waved to her.

"are you all done?" asked agatha.

"yes." said enoch who was beside claire.

agatha tensed up. "anyways, wanna hear me play? i have my guitar with me."