Chapter 5: The Power of Speech

Olivia and I had been dating for three months and Sky was six months old when she went through another special milestone.

“Unca Siris,” Sky yelled she then started to giggle, “Unca Siris!”

“Are you trying to say Uncle Sirius?” Olivia asked picking her up. I stood dumbfounded.

“On Livia,” She said happily.

“Sirius, get the camera. We’ll send a video to James and Lilly.” I nodded and grabbed the camera. She handed me Sky and took the camera to set it up.

“It’s rolling,” She said coming to sit next to me.

“Sky, can you say hi to your mommy and daddy?” She asked.

Sky looked at the camera, “Hi momma an dada.”

“She started talking,” I said stating the very obvious.

Olivia smiled, “Her first words were Uncle Sirius.”

“Unca Siris an On Livia,” She said happily. “Momma an dada an Hay.”

Olivia kissed me before leaving. I smiled at Sky, “She’s growing up so fast you guys. I’m so worried that I’m not gonna do this right. I want her to be able to see her parents more than once or twice a month. You should have been there when she said her first word. It should have been about you guys. I, I don’t want you to miss out on her life and I don’t want her to miss out on having the best mom and dad she could have. She deserves to be safe at home with her family. I can tell that she misses you and that she loves you. I miss you guys too. I guess we’re doing okay. I don’t think I’ve messed her up to badly yet. Olivia and I are doing our best. I actually think I might have fallen in love with her. God, I wish you guys were around. This whole thing stinks. I guess I should stop this video. Say bye Mommy and Daddy.”

“Bye!” Sky yelled waving. Sirius stood up and stopped the video before sending a copy to James and Lilly.

I headed into the kitchen where Olivia was sipping coffee. She already had a cup for me. Kreature was “cleaning.”

“Keycha,” Sky yelled reaching for him.

He turned to look at her, “Baby Potter talks? The baby said my name.”

“She started talking today,” Olivia told him. He nodded and left.

I sat down with Sky on my lap and sipped my coffee, “So, what are we doing today?”

“Let’s celebrate. We’ll make pizza and drink butter beer and eat ice cream and Sky can drink some very tiny amounts of a milkshake and eat some of the less nasty looking baby food that is apparently not as healthy since it’s made of fruit.”

“Deal,” I said smiling. “Nothing says celebration quite like fruit baby food and a sip of milkshake.” We both laughed.

A while later Sky started to get fussy so I put her down for a nap. I went downstairs and found her playing on the piano. Before she got here no one had ever used it, but she did all the time. She’d tried to show me, but I couldn’t quite do it. I sat on a chair behind her and listened. A while later I noticed that the music had stopped and looked over just in time for her to sit down next to me. Almost instinctively I wrapped an arm around her shoulders and pulled her closer.

“Is it wrong that I feel like we’ve stolen all these experiences with her from her parents?” She asked so quietly, “I know they want her here, but she changes so fast and they are missing so much.”

“I feel the same way. I wish they were here. Then I remember that this is safer and that I would do anything to keep her safe. It’s a hard choice that luckily we don’t have to make.”

“You’re right. We just have to do our best to raise her to be the best she can be and never let her forget her parents.”

When Sky woke up Olivia got her and gave her a bottle with some of the ridiculous baby cereal. We read her tales from Beetle the Bard and finally Olivia went to go make food. Then the letter came from James and Lilly.

Dear Sirius,

We wish with all of our hearts things were different. That our kids could grow up together, happily. We wish we could be a normal family. But we have to do what is safest for our children. We are so happy that our daughter has you and Olivia. She has two of the most wonderful people in the world taking care of her. You won’t mess her up, she’ll be fine. Have faith in yourself.

Little Harry has also started to talk. He is so much like James. He is as much like me as Sky is like Lilly. He watched her in the video and he waved back at her. I wish you could see him!

Give Olivia our best. We are so happy for you. Tell her how you feel! In these times you never know when it will be too late!

Love,

Lilly and James

I smiled and headed into the kitchen. Olivia was holding Sky who was all dressed up in a pretty white dress. She looked so much like Lilly. The food was on the table and as we ate we laughed more than we had in months.

After we put Sky to bed Olivia and I were sitting together again, “Olivia,” I said quietly. She looked up at me, “I love you.”

There was a brief pause and then she smiled, “I love you too.” I bent to kiss her. We broke apart smiling. I’d found love in the strangest of situations, I was raising a child, and I had some where in it all grown up.

***************************************************************

Alright, so at this point I'm guessing some of you are still not sure about Olivia. I'm beginning to think my fan base is a little bit paranoid. But it's okay.

So what do you think? How do we feel about this story? My question of the day is: What do you think happens to Olivia that she didn't take Sky? What is teh end of her story? Is she dead or alive in the golden trio era?