008 : Goodbye, Laurent

I have sat around the house all morning. I decide to walk to the clearing out back. I put on some leather jeans and a white long sleeves blouse. I put my boots on, lace them up, and I leave the house.

I cross branches and piles of leaves. I find the clearing I am looking for in Forks, behind the house. I look at the sun, a cold breeze is blowing at me, my blonde hair flying all over.

"Well, well, well." I hear a familiar French accent task. "The Cullen's left and they forgot their human?"

"I guess they did." I shrug.

Laurent flashes up to me and tilts my head back. I hear the leaves ruffle and I smirk, the wolves.

"Goodbye, Laurent." I whisper.

"What?"

Right then, a growl rips from the bushes. Sam's solid black wolf steps out. Laurent turns his head quickly and fear soon overcomes him. Sam looks at me as the other wolves step out. They chase down Laurent, Sam soon catches up to them. They kill Laurent.

Sam stops by me and he crouched down. I hesitate before climbing on his back. He runs me home. He tilts his wolf head to the side when he notices their cars gone.

"The family left me." I whimper.

He looks at me before he takes off. I sigh before I walk back inside. They saved me. I smile to myself before I go to my room. I see the ceiling that Esme painted. She painted a portrait of them on the wall before they vanished.

I run my finger across the paint and I smile

I run my finger across the paint and I smile. Bella is in the portrait too. I'm not, but that's okay. She probably didn't have time to add me. I sit on my bed and I stare at the portrait. She made them all look like cartoon characters, almost anime, but not quite.

I haven't drawn an anime character in forever. I grab my old sketchbook and I turn to a fresh page, which is in the back. I need to buy another. I grab my art kit and I get to work. I smile at my finished piece.

I used a lot of pastels

I used a lot of pastels. I close the sketch book and I stuff it in my desk again. I put my art kit again and I walk to the kitchen. I cook myself some homemade chili and I eat the supper I have cooked.

I go up to my room. The landline rings as I close my door. I groan and I run down to the bottom floor.

"Hello?" I answer without checking caller ID.

"It's Bella." Her raspy voice says. "Wanna go to first beach?"

"Yeah, tomorrow." I reply. "I'm going to bed early tonight."

She sighs. "Okay."

I hang up and I go back to my room. I change into some pajamas and I lay in my bed, staring at the portrait. I smile before falling asleep.