006 : Baseball Game, Nomads, trouble

Jasper sits on my bed as I lace my boots up. I pull my hair into a high ponytail before we walk downstairs. I get in Emmett's jeep, ready for an off-road adventure.

I plug in my iPod, the nobodies by Marilyn Manson blares. Emmett hoots and he revs his engine. I stand and he takes off into the trees. I squeal every time we hit tree branch.

I hop out of the jeep and I hug Bella, since she is here.

"Hey, Bella Swan, what's got a couch potato in a baseball field?" I ask.

She laughs. "Edward begged and pleaded."

"Sounds about right." I smirk.

"Lydia, you're on third." Dad yells.

I hug Bella once more before I run to the third base, where mom stands.

"Let the games begin!" I call as a clap of thunder erupts over our heads.

They all smirk at me before starting the game. I squat down by the base as mom goes to join Bella on first base. Rosalie isn't gonna be happy about Bella being at a base.

"Stop!" Alice shrieks suddenly.

"How many, Alice?" Dad asks.

"Three." She replies.

"Lets go." Edward says to Bella, forgetting I am human too.

"It's too late." Alice peeps. "And you forgot Lydia is human too."

Three figures step out of the trees, the middle is a guy and he is holding the baseball that Edward hit a little too hard. A colored male is on the left, and a red haired female is in the arms of the middle man. The colored male steps in front, and grabs the ball from the other male. 

"I'm Laurent, these are James and Victoria." He says with a French accent.

"I'm Carlisle, and this is my family; Esme, Edward, Bella, Lydia, Jasper, Alice, Rosalie, and Emmett." Dad says. "We own a Permanent residence near by."

"I am sorry to intrude." Laurent says.

"We led the humans north, so they shouldn't be a problem." Victoria says in a snotty voice that gives me chills.

"Mind if we join?" Laurent asks.

"A few of us were just leaving." Dad says. "We could use some new players."

Victoria grabs the ball. "I'm the one with the wicked curve ball."

"I'm sure we can handle it." Jasper says with a smirk.

I go to walk away and my hair blows in the window, Bella is long gone. James's attention snaps to me and he crouches I'm attacking mode.

"You brought a snack." He hisses.

Jasper throws me behind him and the family all surrounds me.

"A human?" Laurent seems shocked.

"We adopted her as a baby." Dad says.

Laurent eyes me and he sighs. "James! Let's go."

James narrows his eyes at me before walking away, with his arm draped around Victoria. Jasper sighs in relief but remembers something.

"James is a tracker, we have to leave Forks to lead him the opposite way." Jasper says.

"He won't stop until he is dead." Emmett says.

"Yeah, even though I am against killing, even in our own kind."

Jasper, Rosalie, and I stick around the field for a few hours, have a lone game, just the three of us. We head home and Laurent is coming down the stairs.

"I am not for James's games." Laurent says. "He roams out on his own, quite often. He is quite parallel."

"I'm screwed." I sigh and I climb the stairs to get clothes for tomorrow.

We all meet on the garage and dad passes my scent around. Edward is joining us, to my surprise.

"I'm shocked, thought  you'd be stuck up Bella's hind end." I scoff.

He smirks. "I should be, but you're family, I have no choice."

"Of course you do, Edward." Dad says. "But family is more important than anyone. Plus, you're the one to hind her sixteen years ago."

Edward's face softens. "I remember. Esme had just woken up from your changing her."

I am with Jasper and Alice, because they are actually driving. Edward, Rosalie, and Emmett are running. Mom is sticking around Forks, to keep an eye on Bella. Dad is watching me with Jasper and Alice.

--- the next morning --

I find Alice in a vision, and sketching.

"That's a ballet studio." I say. "Bella told me about it."

Jasper smiles softly at me. My cell phone rings and I walk away, answering it.

"Come to Bella's old ballet studio, or her mom dies." James's voice says venomously.

"Okay."

I see those two checking us out. I sneak out and I run down the street towards Phoenix Ballet. I walk in, and it is really full with mirrors. I see James in a few before he actually steps out.

"You came alone, good." He smiles evilly.

"You tricked me." I gasp.

He smirks. "Yes, I did. And you fell for it, Lydia Cullen."

He throws my human body across the studio and I land in a wooden post. My screams fill the room. My blood spills from my arm. James flashes up to me and bites me. He is thrown off my Emmett and Jasper flies towards me as the others kill him. Edward kills James and they throw him in the fire.

"Jasper." Dad calls. "His venom is killing her."

Dad ties Jasper's belt around my leg, where it is cut. Jasper is tense and frozen still.

"Find the urge to stop. Jasper." Dad says. "She is dying."

"I'll fix this, little sister." Jasper says. "I promise."

Jasper sinks his teeth into the bites from James and he starts on the venom.

Jasper Hale's POV

Find the urge to stop. I'll fix this little sister, I promise.

I stop at those and I notice her eyes closed. I close my eyes and I pick her up. I carry her to Edwards car and he opens his door.

"Hospital here we come." Edward whispers.

We make it to Phoenix regional hospital and I carry her inside. I tell them she fell down some stairs and went through a window. They bring her to a room.

Lydia's POV

I wake up, and I see it is dark. Jasper and Rosalie are beside my bed. Mom and dad are out in the hall.

"Get some sleep." Jasper smiles. "We go home tomorrow."

I nod my head softly before closing my eyes again. I soon drift off to sleep.