Chapter One

This is dedicated to my twin because she's awesome and she motivated me to type. And the blonde girl to the right is Alexis.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Heard some new kid's enrolled into the school yesterday," I say kicking out at the ground propelling my board even further across the pavement.

"So?" Marceline (yes like from Adventure Time) does the same,

"Heard he's from New York."

"And I heard he's from California. So?" she asks again kicking out at the ground again. Her long black hair flew behind her as she rode, as much as it could underneath her Batman snapback. She wore a Batman shirt to go with her hat, a Batman bookbag flapping at her sides, black jeans, black low tops, and black leather fingerless gloves. Her black nails a contrast to her tan skin along with her heavy black eyeliner and thick massacre filled eyelashes, making her light blue green eyes pop. I doubt I need to state her emo stature.

Marshy and I have been best friends since for about six years now, when we officially met in the principles office. Me, in trouble for refusing to disect a frog for science, her in trouble for throwing a text book at the teacher for putting a dead frog in her face. We connected almost instantly and we've been stuck together like glue ever since.

"What if he's hot?" I ask, my foot striking down on the pavement.

"Then he's hot," she shrugs. We both start out decent downhill.

"Stop with the front Marshy, you know you wanna see if he is!" I call her out coasting around a baby stroller.

"Okay, you caught me," she smiles. "But I have to focus on the band, I have no time for sexy distractions. Speaking of the band, me, you, and Mase are going to The Garage tonight to check out the competition."

Marshy is the lead singer in her band Kodomo no Toki which translates to Children's Time in Japanese, which is funny since technically we officially stopped being children six months ago. And Mase i.e Mason is the closest thing to a brother I have. He's my cousin and since both of us are only children and our age difference isn't too great, we've spent most of our childhood with each other. It's also no secret that him and Marshy have been porking each other on a regular basis. Not that I really care since neither one of them have had a thing for long term relationships.

"This is the fourth Friday in a row you that you've dragged me to The Garage. I do have a life you know."

"What life? I'm your best friend, you have no boyfriend, and your only other friend is your cousin. Yeah, what a life?"

The look that crosses my face was the internet equivalent to -.- . I flick her the bird, "I have more friends than just you douches."

"Fine, let me rephrase this; you're coming or I'll cut you with my bass axe."

I laugh, but after six years of friendship a part of me knew she was half serious, about the cutting part at least. "You don't have bass axe Marceline the Vampire Queen does, but fine, I'll come."

Fifteen minute later we were at our lockers on the second floor of the school. Marceline opens her locker and a bouquet of black roses tumbles out. She tucks them under her arm and proceeds with stuffing her skateboard into her locker. I do the same, dumping the necessary textbooks into my nerdy hello kitty bookbag. After we situate our belongings we go to the same place we go every morning.

"The answer's still 'No' Rodney," Marshy says dumping all but one rose into Rodney's waiting arms.

Rodney is a drama geek one year younger than us who's had a thing for Marceline ever since she she played Juliet it some twisted Twilight version of Shakespeare's classic. He's been leaving Marshy flowers in her locker everyday ever since. It started off as blood red roses but soon changed black when he realized that emo wasn't some character for a play. And no matter how many times Marshy changed her combination or moved lockers (twice) every morning there's a fresh batch of flowers in her locker. It was cute and kind of pathetic.