Chapter Five

• Dedicated to Domino the best fucking pit ever :/

A/N So I think the last person I should really give you guys a picture for is Mason...I think this is the point in the story where things get interesting if it hasn't already been. I dedicate this chapter to Domino. He was the best damn pit on the planet. R.I.P 5/19/12 :'(

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Why am I driving you to school again?" Mason asks pulling off from in front of my house.

I put me feet up on the dashboard of his white and black 2009 Dodge Charger with green neon lights and rims to match; leaning back in the leather seats and yawn. "Because I'm tired, it's raining, I don't feel like skating, and because I didn't hit you for trouser kissing my best friend."

"Trouser- SHE CAME ON TO ME!"

"I believe that," I say glancing at my cousin.

We hardly look anything alike and that's why I don't bother being upset about their rendezvous. Mason has short shaggy light brown hair, baby blue eyes, and soft-ish face; he's five-eleven and (like most of guys now a days) had a six pack and a muscular build. No one actually believed we were related which is fine with me considering the fact that my cousin is an asshole. In Marceline's defense I'd be a little more insulted if she didn't try to seduce him.

"But you could've said no," I add looking out the window.

"Well-"

"Did she put a gun to your head and say 'Fuck me or I'll shoot you'?"

"No but-"

"But?"  I glance at his skeptically.

He sighs, "I'm weak okay. She seduced me."

I roll my eyes and yawn. "What ever." I turn my head to the side resting it against the cool leather seating; closing my eyes and let darkness envelope me. I open them two seconds later to Mason pulling on my arm; looking out the window I see the school. "FUCK!"

Mason starts to laugh.

"Take your little cousin somewhere she can sleep, far, far, away from this hell house," I grunt angrily.

"Now Lexi, I can't condone skipping," he says wagging his finger imitating the tone his father always used to use on us when we were doing something bad.

I roll my eyes yawing," I'm eighteen, I am not obligated to go into that shit hole.

He smirks, "I remember when I was a senior; I felt the same way." He takes the car our of neutral and pulls off.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," I yawn, dismissing him with a wave. "Where are we going?" I ask sleepily pulling my legs from on the dashboard and turning my back to him leaning the seat back most of the way.

"My dorm."Mason goes to college all of forty-five minutes away from home, which is only about two towns over. Not saying that the school he goes to is bad, but a exclusive school for the elite it is not. He said he wanted to stay close for his favorite little cousin and the band (and Marshy now that I think about it), but I honestly think that he didn't feel like striving for anywhere else. My aunt was just happy he made it into college at all, any college.

"Oh, okay."

I close my eyes as soon as we pull out of the parking lot and once again let the sweet bliss of sleep pull me into a deep comatose. A sudden sense awareness causes me to open my eyes. I find myself resting my head against the cool desk top of my normal seat in homeroom. I lift up and look around the empty class room, wiping the drool off the corner of my mouth with the back of my hand.